There has been a change in dates for STAR this year. STAR 2016 will be a week later than originally planned – June 26-30th. Originally we tried to schedule STAR for June 19-23rd. Stratton Lodge was not aware that our group has a large check in component on the Saturday prior to STAR. Usually about one half of our group arrives on Saturday. The Stratton Lodge has extended our excellent room rates to 3 days before and 3 days after STAR for those who would like to extend their stay.
Some STAR 2016 Highlights:
- The mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are a GREAT place to ride. Lots of elevation changes, lots of twisties and lots of beautiful vistas – Oh yeah, it’s OUR kind of place.
- The Honda Factory Demo Team will be at STAR starting Saturday, the 25th. They will be offering demo rides on new and existing models including the Africa Twin and VFR1200X
- MotoVermont will be offering Dual Sport Tours on Sunday (26th) and Monday (27th). These will be 4-5 hours in duration and include lunch for $25.00. They are also able to provide rentals of KLR 650’s and/or Honda CRF250L dual sport bikes for $65.00. So, Even if you are riding your big tour bike to STAR, you can still enjoy this dual sport interval. The rentals will be provided on site at the Stratton Lodge. The dual sport tour and rental bikes can be reserved on the registration form. MV web site: http://motovermont.com
- Stayin’ Safe will be at STAR on Saturday June 25th. If you are not familiar with their excellent safety training program, check them out at: http://www.stayinsafe.com . The cost is $250.00 per rider for 4 hours of training. $200.00 of that can be applied to future 3 and 4 day training sessions.
- Our guest speaker will be the hilarious Alonzo Bodden. Alonzo was the winner of Last Comic Standing in 2004 and has gone on to a successful career as an actor and comic. Bodden is a car and motorcycle enthusiast. In addition to an e92 BMW M3 and JCW Mini Cooper, Bodden owns many motorcycles, including a Triumph Rocket III, a Triumph Speed Triple, a Ducati 1098, a BMW HP2, and a Ducati Multistrada. Bodden appeared in Why We Ride (2013). He is the last speaker on the movie trailer: https://vimeo.com/75545684
- Numerous Seminars this year!!!
- Vendors Onsite
- Ice Cream Social after Monday night Member’s Meeting
- Lunch ride to Look Out Tavern – Killington, VT
- T-Shirts: Top quality, highly breathable-moisture wicking T-shirts available in both men’s and women’s cuts. Purchase on the registration page.
- Super hats – you’re going to love the feel & wear-ability of this year’s hat — breathable, foldable, Tri-fold motorcycle hat. Washable & fits great. Be sure to order yours on the registration page
Nearby AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Mount Equinox . A 45 minute ride from the hotel, nice private road and great views – http://www.equinoxmountain.com/index.php – Small fee
- Kancamagus Highway, NH
- Francnia Notch, NH
- Ben & Jerry’s Factory and Ice Cream, tour and tasting, Waterbury VT
- Kuerig/ Green Mountain Coffee headquarters and campus, Waterbury, VT
- Stowe Mountain Resort, Stowe, VT
- Mount Greylock, Adams, MA.
—> Register Online: http://www.planetReg.com/STAR2016
—> Download a printable PDF Registration Form: HERE
Our raffle bikes this year is are a 2016 BMW F800 GT!
That’s right boys and girls. We’re giving away TWO bikes this year. Your purchase of raffle tickets entitles you to win either (but not both) of them. The BMW ticket will be drawn first and then the Grom ticket will be drawn. What a deal!!!
The winners of the raffle bikes will be drawn at the member’s banquet on June 29 – you must be a current member of MSTA to participate in the bike raffle.
Buy raffle tickets for the BMW F800GT and Honda Grom here: http://www.planetReg.com/MSTARaffle2016