Thread Archive > STAR 2015

Help! can't get STAR routes to load

<< < (5/5)

stevegrab:

--- Quote from: VersysRider on June 12, 2015, 06:41:11 am ---
--- Quote from: Patmo on June 12, 2015, 06:34:57 am ---
--- Quote from: VersysRider on June 11, 2015, 10:33:39 pm ---First let me say I am an absolute newbie to BaseCamp. With that said, when I import the files into BaseCamp, at appears that the routes are tracks and the tracks are routes. What have I done wrong?

--- End quote ---

When I see that our web-master also finds Basecamp to be confusing and frustrating.....I feel so much better.  :)

Sorry, Jay.....but I was beginning to think it was ONlY ME!  LOL

--- End quote ---
The first time I used BaseCamp was last night. Normally, I just download the routes into my phone (windows phone) and hope for the best. It normally works fine and if it does reroute, I just look at it as I have found something new. Usually when it does screw up, you end up on an unpaved road, but on the Tenere that's not a big deal.

--- End quote ---
Glad to hear I'm not the only one pushing the GPX file to my device and hoping for the best. It has worked pretty well, especially out west where there are less roads for it to get lost on. And this year at Tri-STAR I did a route I followed 2 years ago, which I recall had several problems where the route was having me turn in places that were not right. I understand using the Mapsource/Basecamp to load, review amd modify as needed then send that to the GPS is the "correct method" but I'm too burned out with computers all day at work to do that much.

As for the file associations and my techie foreign language babbling, its something most people don't and shouldn't be messing with too much. You could really mess yourself up. It would be easier (for me at least) to show it in person than over the phone or in messages/posts. Much easier to support people that way, and how we do things in our software company.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version