Ride Reports > MSTA Sanctioned Event Reports

If You Bailed, You Failed - Fall Colors 2015

<< < (2/4) > >>

dpippin:

--- Quote from: HawkGTRider on October 02, 2015, 07:54:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: dpippin on October 01, 2015, 08:29:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: doug mcpeek on September 30, 2015, 10:13:43 PM ---We went on to Hinton and paused to view the New River at what I refer to as the best Dairy Queen I’ve ever seen.  We partook only of the view and headed on to a new road we had never ridden.  State route 10 looks curvy on the map, and it is.  We rolled through a long series of zigzag bends with no traffic to slow us.

--- End quote ---

Doug
State Route 10 is on three of the event routes. Route 7, Route 9, and Route 11
It's a great road with little traffic and we've given it a name (for FCR participants only) "Norgard VW"
If you invert the name it's WV Dragon.

If any of you like twisty roads and missed it make sure you ride it next year.

Doug P

--- End quote ---
One minor observation...Norgard VW inverted is WV Dragron. Maybe the nickname is Nogard VW. That, inverted, is WV Dragon.

--- End quote ---

Good Catch Geoffrey. That was a typo. I fixed the post.

And I want to emphasize this is an unofficial name for FCR attendees only.
Certainly don't need another of the great roads in this area named and publicized with signs and web sites etc. attracting Harleys etc and LEO's

The section of Hwy 10 on three of FCR routes runs from Mullens WV to Hwy 19 north of Princeton WV is remote, deep in coal country with very little traffic. Let's keep it that way.

The full length of Hwy 10 continues up to Huntington WV. On a map it looks like it would be good the whole way.

Doug

dpippin:

--- Quote from: Brick on October 02, 2015, 06:00:40 AM ---Oh this is good to know! This sounds like enticement to attend next years FC!

--- End quote ---

If you snooze, you loose
Were you snoozing on the event weekend

normkern:
Many of us were teasing Syd last weekend about moving the Fall Colors event a week earlier. We were standing around on Saturday watching it rain.

Check out the weather today, the traditional weekend of the Fall Colors event. None of us thought last weekend that Syd's judgment would be vindicated, but here we are. Congratulations, Syd. LOL

Norm Kern 

touringman:
Thanks Norm, I knew I was right all along!!! ;D

Brick:
Syd is definitely not to be doubted! 

--- Quote from: normkern on October 03, 2015, 09:57:12 AM ---Many of us were teasing Syd last weekend about moving the Fall Colors event a week earlier. We were standing around on Saturday watching it rain.

Check out the weather today, the traditional weekend of the Fall Colors event. None of us thought last weekend that Syd's judgment would be vindicated, but here we are. Congratulations, Syd. LOL

Norm Kern 

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version