Author Topic: Become a Motorcycle training Professional  (Read 17537 times)

Offline Outlaws Justice

• Forum Member II
  • Get the Most From Your Ride
    • National Rider Training
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW K1200GT, Yamaha Vmax, KTM 950 Adventure, Honda VFR750, Suzuki SV650S, Honda CRF250X
Become a Motorcycle training Professional
« on: April 04, 2017, 12:35:27 pm »
     Become a professional motorcycle instructor! The California Motorcyclist Safety Program (CMSP) is looking for qualified individuals for a part-time to full-time career in Motorcycle Training! Many training sites in California (80 in total) need additional instructors to work for them. You would be employed by the private training sites and can work for multiple training sites.[size=78%] [/size]
The program management company Total Control Training Incorporated (TCTI) is seeking individuals that want to work for the CMSP as professional motorcycle Instructors, Most employment opportunities provide part time work, and select sites offer more hours that can add up to a full-time job. Certified instructors can work at multiple sites that offer the CMSP-MTC (Motorcyclist Training Course). The rate ranges from $20.00 to $35.00 per hour, based on the location of the site and the experience of the instructor. The rate will be determined after completion of all of the training required.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
To become certified to teach the MTC, candidates will need to make a commitment in both time and resources. The process includes:[/size][size=78%] [/size]
1.  Candidates need to locate a site sponsor, TCTI will provide guidance to help create the relationship. Once a relationship is established candidates must complete the application process with the site sponsor and submit for a background check with the State of California that has to be cleared by the California Highway Patrol.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
2.  Candidates need to complete the Motorcyclist Training Course (MTC) offered by one of the training sites in your area (candidates can go to the sponsor’s school) as students and become familiar with the MTC course.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
3.  Candidates have to observe a live class and complete a written assignment of their observations which can also be completed at the sponsor’s site.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
4.  Candidates will need to take an intermediate or advanced level course that is offered by TCTI. This is to help develop their riding skills, and make sure that the candidates have a solid understanding of motorcycle related knowledge.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
5.  Candidates will need to read the book “Total Control” second edition which is the underpinnings of the program, and complete a written assignment based on the information in the book.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
6.  Candidates need to complete the Instructor Training Course (seven days of training), which includes work on both classroom and riding portions of the MTC. The seven days may be spit up over two long weekends. The schedule varies by location.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
There is no guarantee of success, the training requires both physical and mental capabilities and demands a great deal of effort![/size][size=78%] [/size]
The total cost to each candidate CAN be up to $950 for all of the training expenses. This will depend on your site sponsor.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
The required time investment is a total of 12 days for all the training classes and assignments. (Not all in a row)[/size][size=78%] [/size]
If you are an avid motorcycle rider, want to be more involved in the industry, and would enjoy helping others reach their goal of learning to ride a motorcycle this is a great way to be involved in the motorcycle community. Becoming a professional motorcycle instructor takes a lot of time and effort but it is very rewarding in multiple ways. You will improve your riding skills and overall motorcycle knowledge, and you will become a true professional. TCTI takes great pride and demands specific quality from all of our team members. We do this by sharing our knowledge and expertise with you. You become part of a diverse team with the goal of reducing motorcycle crashes, injuries and fatalities. The TCTI staff members and trainers have many years of motorcycle experience (our trainers have backgrounds that include motorcycle experience in street, dirt, and track riding/training).[/size][size=78%] [/size]
We want to help you succeed in your goals to become an instructor and TCTI works very closely with all candidates to do their best to provide them with all they need to complete the training program successfully.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
As a reminder you will need to talk to the training sites in your area and have one of them sponsor you, TCTI can assist you with this process.[/size][size=78%] [/size]
Contact Mr. David Beyer at dave.beyer@totalcontroltraining.net to start the process today!

David
National Rider Training

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: Become a Motorcycle training Professional
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 02:46:07 pm »
Hmmm... I believe that rider education classes are eligible for entry into the Dan Clark Safety Program. At least they used to be. That way am MSTA member could possibly receive some money back for this training!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:59:08 pm »
Brick I believe the thread is looking for INSTRUCTORS not people to take a class.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 05:10:34 pm »
Brick I believe the thread is looking for INSTRUCTORS not people to take a class.

If you become an instructor you have to take the classes that qualify for the Dan Clark program. This way you would lessen the $950 cost to become an instructor.

Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Outlaws Justice

• Forum Member II
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW K1200GT, Yamaha Vmax, KTM 950 Adventure, Honda VFR750, Suzuki SV650S, Honda CRF250X
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 05:27:46 pm »
I have never heard of this, can you explain further? The Instructor training requires the Candidates to take two classes prior to attending the Training event so those classes might qualify?? Also the cost can be up to $950, sometimes the site sponsor will put the candidate into one of the required classes at no charge if they have an open seat. Helps the site and the Candidate.

All of the sites are small private businesses, and since they teach the same program state wide I try to help find those who would be good candidates for Instructor training. It does not hurt that Instructors here make pretty decent money as well.

David
National Rider Training

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:03 am »
The MSTA has a program called the Dan Clark Safety Program. Members purchase safety gear and rider education training send in there receipt to our Dan Clark Safety Program coordinators. Annually there is a certain amount of money available. There is a drawing and those selected receive up to $100 of the cost of the gear or rider education training until the allotted money for the year is gone.
Find details at www.ridemsta.com just another benefit of being an MSTA member!

Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Outlaws Justice

• Forum Member II
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 07:58:20 pm »
That is a cool Benefit. Many manufactures also reimburse for training if you buy a bike from them. It varies from brand to brand but there are programs.
David
National Rider Training

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 08:07:55 pm »
Why are we talking about this on the club website?  It has nothing to do with club business or club events!

Offline Outlaws Justice

• Forum Member II
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:29:12 pm »
Why are we talking about this on the club website?  It has nothing to do with club business or club events!

This is the General forum, Not related to club business, and it is motorcycle related, in fact I thought it would be nice to share the job opportunities with members here that might be interested. This is how I got my start teaching 20 years ago and I still teach today although I now also oversee the State Program for California.

If there is a better place to post this I have no problem with the moderators moving it. Please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:58:58 pm by Outlaws Justice »
David
National Rider Training

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 10:32:54 pm »
I think this being the General Discussion thread it's in a perfect spot. But what the heck do I know!

Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 02:58:26 pm »
Tosh,
Can you explain your objections, where on the site should it be discussed (or why it shouldn't be on our site at all).
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650