Author Topic: SW Ohio STAR Riders (trailerers actually)  (Read 9960 times)

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
SW Ohio STAR Riders (trailerers actually)
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »
Hey STARdater's!! SW Ohio STARdater's in particular. If someone would be trailering to to STAR and had room to haul back a tire changer, please contact me. I may be buying one from a member and he could bring it with him and transfer it to you to bring back to me. I'm open to negotiations for doing such a thing. Otherwise I'll have to make some kinda of arrangement for after STAR.
Yes, I know this is  late notice but that's the way life works. I won't be making it to STAR this year and you help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks, Tom McKiernan, The Former Raffle Guy

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
Re: SW Ohio STAR Riders (trailerers actually)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 06:00:17 pm »
I'm trailering to STAR but my ancient Kendon 2-rail, ex-Fred Ziglar, barely has room for the Harbor Freight loading ramps that are stored between the two bikes.  Sorry. 

Tosh

ps.  when will I receive my membership card for the Motorcycle Sport Trailering Assn?  ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:08:11 am by DirtFlier »

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 10:06:36 pm »
Tom

I may be able to help you.  Depends on what the size of the tire changer is, but chances are that I will be able to fit it on my trailer.

Pat
not all that wander are lost

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 01:50:29 pm »
I'm trailering to STAR but my ancient Kendon 2-rail, ex-Fred Ziglar, barely has room for the Harbor Freight loading ramps that are stored between the two bikes.  Sorry. 

Tosh

ps.  when will I receive my membership card for the Motorcycle Sport Trailering Assn?  ;)
As soon as my tire changer gets here.!!!!

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »

Tosh

As soon as my tire changer gets here.!!!!
After we ridicule him for using a trailer :)
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:30 am »
Looks like I have a plan worked out to get MY tire changer home.  :trink39:  Don't tell anyone I have it.   ::)   Tom

Offline Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 10:59:54 am »

Tosh

Hey, Tosh, who are you calling ancient, me or the trailer? :-)

BTW, I now have a 3 rail Kendon, but use it only for my non street legal dirt bikes. I would be too ashamed to trailer a street legal bike, but I guess some people have no shame (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 12:36:01 pm »

Tosh

Hey, Tosh, who are you calling ancient, me or the trailer? :-)

BTW, I now have a 3 rail Kendon, but use it only for my non street legal dirt bikes. I would be too ashamed to trailer a street legal bike, but I guess some people have no shame (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Ha I knew somebody would be giving Tosh grief for trailering, I still think it is a wise decision with lots of positives. But I guess some people have more time to spend (and money for tires) riding for days across the vast open plains in stifling heat (as so many mentioned riding to STAR 2012 in Avon). Every time I trailered to an event I was glad I did, especially when driving home after 8-10 days of riding, or when it rained for 3 hours at night headed to Bellaire Michigan for TOTM event.
Steve Grabowski

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 11:45:10 pm »
It's not been my typical MO, but I'm on day 3 of a 4 day trek from Tennessee to Colorado. I've seen a little interstate, but very little. It's been some US highways, a lot of state roads, and a few county roads (gravel and such) thrown in for grins and giggles. Day 4 will likely be all paved, but I've had fun on the gravel with my overloaded bike.

The first pic, in MO, I could see about 100 yards. The second pic, in KS, I could see almost 3 miles. It was a pretty cool view.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:47:27 pm by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:52:28 am »
A BIG thanks goes out to Patmo for bringing my tire changer home. The deal is done. Thanks, Pat

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 12:25:17 pm »
Pat's a great guy for sure.
Steve Grabowski

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 01:03:26 pm »
[...who are you calling ancient, me or the trailer? PacoBulto ]

Looking for something in my files before STAR, I found the IL paperwork for your old trailer.  It's now 22 years old and the biggest improvement I made was to replace the heavy, steel fenders with plastic replacements a few years back.  Those heavy fenders kept fracturing the mounting brackets and I got tired to having to reweld them all the time.   :clap:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:05:28 pm by DirtFlier »

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 10:29:20 am »
A BIG thanks goes out to Patmo for bringing my tire changer home. The deal is done. Thanks, Pat
Pat's a great guy for sure.
I can attest to that. He is the main reason I own a 2001 VFR, which I bought sight unseen in 2011 after Pat (who really didn't know me from Adam, except that I was Steve's brother) went and looked it over for me. I'll never forget his words when he called me after seeing it "If you don't buy it, I am gonna." That sold me right then and there. Thanks again Pat - for being a great guy and wonderful ambassador for the club.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi