Regional Forums > Tennessee

91 down, 4 to go.

(1/2) > >>

micah2074:
A couple of years ago I started a little tour of sorts. My goal is to ride through every county in Tennessee and do a lap around their court house. It’s taken a few years and a several thousand miles but I only have 4 to go. It’s been fun picking 3 or four towns at a time and planning the worst route possible. I will finish up this year. My next goal will be to ride through every Cleveland (my home town) in the country. I’ve almost completed all the Cleveland’s in the south east.

Patmo:
Cool!   I did the same thing with Kentucky state parks and historic sites. Added in covered bridges and national historic sites.  Took a picture of each place.  Learned a lot about the history of the state and road into a lot of the state that’s I otherwise probably have never seen.  Took me more than a few years to get it all done, but it was all fun.  When you consider how far it is going east-west or west-to east in either Kentucky or Tennessee, it’s easy to understand why rides like yours or mine are not undertaken lightly.  Get those four and congratulations on a fine job are in order!

Ride4MS:
WOW!  That is quite a feat to ride to each county and around the court house.  Just looking up each court house could be a challenge.

How many Cleveland's are there in the USA?  You can ride through Cleveland, MN in June when you come to STAR in La Crosse.  It is about a 3hour ride from La Crosse.  It is not too far from where I grew up, and we drive through sometimes when we go home.  They have a great place to eat, Kokomo's Bar & Grill.

We now live in Owatonna, and that is the only city in the country named Owatonna.  So I can say I have ridden through every city named Owatonna in the country and around the Court House many times, and have been in it many times.  Never in hand cuffs.

HawkGTRider:
One of the Iron Butt Association guys, Bob Higdon, finished a quest within the last couple of years that he's been working on for decades. He's taken pictures of every court house in the entire USA!! About the time I'm feeling pretty good about having ridden to 49 states, I find that Bob has ridden to every single county and taken a picture of a specific building there. Dang!

micah2074:
Every single court house..... wow! I couldn’t even imagine how many miles he racked up doing that.
The covered bridge is cool. I might have to come back to Kentucky and see some of those.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version