Main Forums > The Garage

Picked up my new 2014 ES Super Tenere

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brick:
Well in 59.2 miles in the rain so far it's worth it... I do have an issue... I was running the Trax bags and the new ES bike has mounted the electrical box for the saddlebags where the right front mount is. A fix will be available June/July.

Brick

Paco Bulto:

--- Quote from: Brick on May 10, 2014, 07:13:05 AM ---Well in 59.2 miles in the rain so far it's worth it... I do have an issue... I was running the Trax bags and the new ES bike has mounted the electrical box for the saddlebags where the right front mount is. A fix will be available June/July.

Brick

--- End quote ---

Brick, what is the electrical box for the saddlebags? I know that you have your Trax boxes on Givi racks and evidently there is some interference, it sounds like. A YST forum member, Mingo has posted pics where he mounted the SW-Motech racks and Trax bags on his 2014 ES with no problems.

stevegrab:
I didn't realize retirement paid that well  ;)

Enjoy the ne bike Brick.

Brick:
Fred, I still haven't actually tried my mounts on the new bike. I'm out with Patricia this AM. Hopefully this after noon I'll try it.
Re: the electrical box... The electronics, behind the new cover there I've read is for the electronic suspension. I don't know any more than that.
More to come... Including photos.
Re: the SW-Motech racks. I spoke with Twisted Throttle yesterday and they didn't really know. They sent a reply to my question but basically wanted me to purchase the $337 SW-Motech mounts. Hmmm perhaps they did know?

Brick

JeffroNC:
Extreme measure to get new tires!

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version