Main Forums > General Discussion

accessories

<< < (2/2)

STLTHMSTA:
I keep getting email newsletters from them so far.  Their website is still active the last time I clicked. Maybe I'm the one who should be retiring if I read it and didn't remember.  ;)     TM

Paco Bulto:
Maybe I imagined that I read that, or maybe I lied about that part, Tom.  ;D

Fred Z.

stevegrab:
Late to the party but I'd also give a thumbs up for Givi. I inherited a case on a used bike I bought, and while it had some aging issues including a problem with the lock it held up for several years of regular use on multiple bikes. The first time my brother borrowed mine on a trip on his VFR he was hooked, and had one ordered quickly. I since bought a newer one that is lighter and a bit more compact, necessary to avoid overloading which caused a bracket to crack.

Regarding RKA, I too recall hearing that they may be going out of business or looking to sell. I have one tank bag from them that is pretty good, but I have to say it was not as good as an older model of the bag I had borrowed from a friend before buying this one. (Fewer features, rain cover was extra and not very waterproof.) That was a purchase maybe 10 years ago that I haven't used much since. But that is very common these days, "they just don't make them like they used to". I have also had pretty good luck with an Eclipse tank bag, as well as a Tourmaster magnetic tank bag that fits several of my bikes well.

HawkGTRider:
Early in the year in 2023, I purchased a used NC750X. It had Shad mounting brackets for soft bags and brackets for a hard top box. I'm ambivalent about soft bags, but I purchased a Shad top box. (TR48 Black)
https://www.shadusa.com/products/tr48-terra-top-case-black-edition

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I haven't had the opportunity to use it much, but it seems to be pretty solid. I'm not sorry about the purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version