Main Forums > The Garage

Better Batteries?

<< < (2/3) > >>

STLTHMSTA:
You asked for it so here's my .02 worth. I have been using DEKA batteries in several vehicles 2 wheeled and 4 for some time. Not a dealer everywhere but google is your friend.  In my ST1100 with occasional use of a Battery Tender it lasted 10 years. I think that's pretty good. It would still start the bike but the ABS is sensitive to low voltage.
I have use Walmart batteries with no issues from time to time.   TM

banjobart:
I use Bikemaster Trugel batteries and have good luck with them, they are cheap, too.

dr3miked:
I have the Yuasa battery and never had any issues although its price is quite a bit more than the Westco.

SpeedRacerOnline:
I've always been happy with Yuasa batteries, but this last time I decided to try a Chrome Pro. It's only been a couple months now, but it's worked flawlessly, has had no trouble on the couple 30F mornings already, and has an 18-month warranty for a great price. Plus, the one I got has a digital voltmeter built right on top of it, which is just cool & easier than hooking up test equipment when you're concerned about your charging system.

RIDEMYST:
Not trying to make a u-turn on this thread but any problems with cold weather starts on the lithium batteries? -JEP-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version