Main Forums > The Garage

Michelin PR3 vs PR4

(1/3) > >>

RichGrab:
O)K, so I am getting ready to order tires for my '01 VFR. Last set was PR3, and I got around 6,000 miles on them. Very pleased with their grip and overall performance, especially after riding back to MI from OH in the rain most of the way. In looking at pricing, one vendor had the PR4 price (for the set front and rear) at about $20 less than PR3 ($282 versus $302). I'm looking for feedback from people who have run the new PR4 versus the PR3. Did you like them - better or worse.

I figure the PR4's can't be any worse than the PR3 - but I've been wrong before.

RIDEMYST:
I ran the PR3's on my ST1300 and really liked them.
They made a PR3 Trail which I used on my Explorer and I also liked that tire.
Since then I used the PR4 Trail on my last trip, which I liked even better....good in rain and decent mileage.
The tread pattern on the Trail model is the same as the street model so you may have the same results.
Hope this helps. -JEP-

RichGrab:
Thanks for the feedback Jim. I'm thinking the PR4 is the way to go. I'll see if anyone else chimes in.  ;D

Michael Snyder:
I went from the 2 to the 4 on my 06 VFR.  Very noticable difference.  Kind of buzzy and stiff but stick well and predictable turn in.  However the turn in is heavier and slower than the 2.  Hope that helps.   Unfortunately not my favorite version love the 2s

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

aaronengle:
The August issue of Motorcycle Consumer News has a letter from Ken Bowen with a not so flattering review of Pilot Road 4 GT's. MCN also had issues with it on the new RT (July?).   Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version