Thread Archive > STAR 2015

Dual Sport at STAR 2015

<< < (3/4) > >>

HawkGTRider:
I've seen that the TAT maps/roll charts/tracks/etc are designed to ride east-to-west. Due to Randy Logan's schedule, he and I have talked about riding the TAT west to east on the way home from STAR. Has anyone done that? Is it really awkward trying to decipher the path of travel opposite the way it is laid out?

In either case, I might try to hook up with other east-to-west riders on the trip out. That would probably give me a leg up on being able to follow it backwards.

My ride for this would be my BMW F650GS (thumper) with some fairly aggressive tires. I have a new set of Heidenau K60 Scouts in the garage that are begging to be put on the bike.

PYG RYDR:

--- Quote from: HawkGTRider on January 04, 2015, 08:34:58 AM ---I've seen that the TAT maps/roll charts/tracks/etc are designed to ride east-to-west. Due to Randy Logan's schedule, he and I have talked about riding the TAT west to east on the way home from STAR. Has anyone done that? Is it really awkward trying to decipher the path of travel opposite the way it is laid out?

In either case, I might try to hook up with other east-to-west riders on the trip out. That would probably give me a leg up on being able to follow it backwards.

My ride for this would be my BMW F650GS (thumper) with some fairly aggressive tires. I have a new set of Heidenau K60 Scouts in the garage that are begging to be put on the bike.

--- End quote ---

Geoffrey,

Originally, Sam's TAT roll charts and maps navigated E-W, but with GPS navigating, you can easily route W-E.

Your BMW F650GS will do great!

So far, I think I am the only one committed to riding to STAR.  Flo's employment may change and alter her plans.

Galen

HawkGTRider:
Galen,
I know we haven't ridden together, and you should be just as gun shy as am I about it. But should you feel comfortable starting out and maybe riding to Arkansas in close proximity to each other, perhaps we should take that under advisement. I wouldn't mind riding both ways on the TAT. I'm up for camping along the way, but I understand that if Flo decides to come along, that might not be the case for you.

Let's talk soon.

Brick:
If I go I will not be camping either.

PYG RYDR:

--- Quote from: HawkGTRider on January 04, 2015, 09:32:31 PM ---Galen,
I know we haven't ridden together, and you should be just as gun shy as am I about it. But should you feel comfortable starting out and maybe riding to Arkansas in close proximity to each other, perhaps we should take that under advisement. I wouldn't mind riding both ways on the TAT. I'm up for camping along the way, but I understand that if Flo decides to come along, that might not be the case for you.

Let's talk soon.

--- End quote ---

Geoffrey,

Sounds good! 

Galen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version