Author Topic: New member from Arizona  (Read 4372 times)

Rony6ble

New member from Arizona
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:38:21 AM »
Hello there.
Currently riding a Kawasaky Concours 14 and Ninja 250 (daughter). I have only visited (by motorcycle) three states but hope that will change soon.
Just came back from a 2,800 mile ride between Arizona and New Mexico wile doing the Tour of Honor. Looking forward to find more rides here.
I have NEVER ridden a dirt bike, so any advise is welcome.
I'm fairly new to the LD riding, did my first SS1000 with my daughter for her 16 year birthday between AZ and CA.

Regards...

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: New member from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:44:19 AM »
Welcome to the MSTA. We need more members from AZ.
I live in North Carolina but am currently riding in Italy... the Dolimites and Alps! WOW!!!!

Hope to meet you and ride some day.
Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:16:42 AM »
Welcome! There are definitely some LD and dual sport folks in this group that will have lots of good advise. -JEP-

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 04:41:30 AM »
Congratulations on the SaddleSore to both you and your daughter. While the Ninja 250 may not be what comes to mind first as a LD ride, but there have been plenty of IBA rides, including several Iron Butt Rallies, completed on them over the years. You both get a big thumbs up from me (ok...a bigger one for her for riding 1,000+ miles on a 250 at age 16).
I've done a number of LD rides over the years, and I hope you will feel free to ask any specific questions on this forum or via private message.
You are more than welcome to participate on this forum, but I hope you will also consider becoming a member of the MSTA (if you aren't already). Our regional and national rallies are where you really make connections. I don't think we've had any rallies in Arizona, but we've had events in California and several in both New Mexico and Colorado. Our national rally will be in Vermont next year...that would be an epic ride from AZ.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.