Author Topic: New from PKB WV  (Read 11947 times)

Offline Shoop

• MSTA Member
  • PKB, WV
  • Lifetime Mileage: pfft... Not tracking
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 Yamaha MT09
New from PKB WV
« on: January 10, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »
Hi,

My name is Chris and I just joined. I'm in Parkersburg, WV which is NW West Virginia, just across the Ohio River from Marietta OH.

I ride a Yamaha FZ6. I rode for about 14 years then stopped about 25 years ago after my first child was born, and I finished grad school and started a suit&tie job. I've been riding now for a bit over a year. I've logged just over 9,000 miles. Took the MSF ERC course and wear ATGATT.

Happily, my wife Sharon rides with me, sometimes, when the weather is just right...

Before anybody comments, yes, I know that she's wearing a far less expensive helmet in this pic than I am.  ::) But when, on our 32nd anniversary, she decided she wanted to ride (for the first time since before we were married)  - she was not willing to wait till we could get to a bigger store.

I'm pretty certain I'll be at the Mail Pouch Fly-By this August. I'm gonna try real hard to get to the TriStar this spring.

Chris
Chris Shoop: Parkersburg WV
2020 MT09, 2016 FJR, 2005 WR450

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: New from PKB WV
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »
Welcome Chris.  I personally think that is a GREAT choice in bikes, as I have a 2007 with 40k+.  I also plan to be at TriStar and MP this year, like I have been many times in the past.  You certainly live in one of the best areas of the country for riding, with plenty of great roads.  Try to make as many of the Ohio lunch ride-ins as you can this year, many of them are held over in the eastern part of the state.  Hope to see you at some of the events this year.

Pat M
not all that wander are lost

Offline touringman

• MSTA Member
  • Syd Mayes
  • Lifetime Mileage: 400,000 ?
  • Primary Motorcycle: Honda CTX 700DCT
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 08:01:04 PM »
Hey Chris, I'm sure that I'm a little older than you, but my life followed the same pattern, as far as the hiatus while the kids grew up. I also have an '08 FZ6 with only about 14k on it. Welcome to the MSTA, and I look forward to meeting you! By the way, my FZ fully loaded, is for sale, just in case your bride wishes to take the plunge!  Take care, Syd:-)
Touringman

Offline David

• Forum Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 72k
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 FJ-09
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:30:39 PM »
Welcome Chris,  Your FZ looks great,  I can't wait for warmer weather and going back to the mountains.
83 GS1100E   07 DL1000   07 GSF1250   02 FZ1    15 FJ-09  12 FZ-1

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:27:31 AM »
Welcome Chris! Great bike and I too hope to see you at an event this year too!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline boatanchor

• MSTA Member
  • Ridin' one road at a time
  • Lifetime Mileage: Who knows....Who cares
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2012 Super Tenere
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »
Hey Chris,
Welcome to the MSTA and thanks for joining. Don't be a stranger. Attend events when you can and we look forward to meeting you in person.
Rick
East Tennessee State Co-Director

"My journey with you has been an adventure"

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
Welcome aboard, Chris.
My wife had the FZ6 and put 70K trouble free miles on it. I think you will find it to be a great choice.
Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. -JEP-

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:07:23 PM by RIDEMYST »

Bill Thom

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
Welcome Chris & Wife! You have a great WV-MSTA State Director in Hal Kramer and he'll lead you on some great adventures!

I'm Bill Thom, PA-MSTA S/D and we'll be doing some Western PA-MSTA meets/rides, typically on the Third Sat or Sun of each month. Hal sometimes attends. Send me your E-mail address and I'll put you our list for our meetings. We also have Eastern PA-MSTA meets the 2nd Sat or Sunday East of Harrisburg. We'll start as soon as weather permits.

My; wetvw@hotmail.com 814-658-2121

My daughter Christl rides an '08 FZ6 outfitted with GIVI bags(3) ala Dianne Park's once owned FZ6.

Offline qman8

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: Probably over 350k now
  • Primary Motorcycle: R1200GSA, 2015
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 08:57:31 AM »
Hi Chris:  Im just north of you in New Philadelphia.  The NE Ohio group often does day rides into SE ohio, and sometimes into WV (since you have such good roads).  You could certainly meet us for lunch if nothing else.  Contact Steve Grabowski on here if you want to join the NE ohio Yahoo Group website. 

Offline ipnman

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW 2019 R1250RT
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
Welcome Chris
Enjoy the club
Hope to see you at an event this year

Ride Safe
Dennis
Dennis Villarose
STAR Coordinator
MSTA PR Group

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 01:31:22 PM »
Hi Chris:  Im just north of you in New Philadelphia.  The NE Ohio group often does day rides into SE ohio, and sometimes into WV (since you have such good roads).  You could certainly meet us for lunch if nothing else.  Contact Steve Grabowski on here if you want to join the NE ohio Yahoo Group website. 

Welcome Chris, you're certainly welcome on our NE Ohio Yahoo group where we communicate about rides. We get down to Marietta occassionaly for lunch, but Woodsfields, Barnesville, Bealesville and others are more likely destinations. Send me a message if you're interested.

You couldn't pick 2 better regional events to attend if you make it to Tri-STAR ande Mail Pouch. The first a little smaller with lots of great folks from the south and some great riding. The other larger, more midwestern attendees (but still some from the south) and roads right in your own back yard.

See you on the road sometime.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650