MSTA Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's Hear Some Chatter Out There!  (Read 8275 times)

Yeeha Stephen

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW R1250RT
Let's Hear Some Chatter Out There!
« on: June 08, 2021, 01:09:01 PM »

"We need a pitcher not a drink of water!"

"Hey batter, batter, batter.... Swing! Batt.... Err... Vroom! Batter!

:P

Yeeha Stephen

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW R1250RT
Re: Let's Hear Some Chatter Out There!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 01:12:58 PM »

The Final Countdown is on!

https://www.soundboard.com/sb/sound/916334

T - Minus 5 days and counting!

SS

Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 03:46:22 PM »

One of my buddies called to get a room for FRIDAY and was told they are full up for that night, so I expect A LOT of folks to be coming in on that day.
not all that wander are lost

stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 04:56:35 PM »

I asked our local Northeast Ohio group "anybody else going" and heard back from a few people so that's a good sign. I think their arrivals were spread out, with some not coming until after Sunday.

I'll be arriving Saturday, probably mid afternoon, depends on how long we take to visit Flight 93 Memorial that morning. '

Now some chatter
we need a pitcher...not a mommy snitcher....
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 05:53:55 PM »

I'll be blown' in some time in the afternoon (Sat.) depending on what me and the last man standing find along the way. Keep ridin' safe everyone so we can keep on doing this!! 

This is the ol' left hander rounding third and heading for home (STAR).
good night everyone.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 06:50:35 AM by STLTHMSTA »

Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 09:12:23 PM »

Chris and I will arrive Saturday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Larry Fine

• Forum Member II
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2001 Honda ST1100
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 09:44:57 PM »

I expect to arrive on Sunday, coming from OH-STOC at Shawnee State Park.

NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 718710
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 09:16:02 AM »

I'll be arriving Saturday :)
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha TRacer 9GT

wbgva_roadkill

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: ~80,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW K1600GTL 2013
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 09:21:36 AM »

Like Larry I'm coming from Shawnee State Park in Ohio but need to stop at home first.  Does anyone know what time the Sunday evening event is?  Hope to get there in time for it.

John G.

Ride4MS

• MSTA Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 10:15:24 AM »

We are leaving Thursday morning from Owatonna, MN and arrive Friday, taking our time along the way.  I hope Pat is in charge of the weather and keeps the temp in the 60-70's as predicted, but get rid of the predicted rain showers on Friday and Sunday.  The it will be perfect weather for STAR.

We have had record upper 90's since last week and for many more days.
See you'all soon.  Have a good trip!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:37:47 AM by Ride4MS »
Carl Wieman, 2016-2022 MSTA Dan Clark Safety Program Coordinator,    2022 Vanderhall Venice, 1986 Honda Gold Wing Interstate 
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor

stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »

Carl,
It is almost certain to be cooler in the mountains near the event, I know the year that STAR was in Staunton VA it was very hot, and we usually picked routes that went into the mountains to stay cooler.

As for the rain....well that forecast has gotten a bit better, we're experiencing Florida like weather, hot and humid with daily afternoon rain after things heat up.

John G.
Not sure when that Sunday evening event starts (believe that is the normal slot for the welcome reception and official opening of STAR). Don't believe I've seen an official schedule for the event, but maybe I missed it. I'd expect around 6, maybe later.
Steve Grabowski

Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 01:54:36 PM »

Like Larry I'm coming from Shawnee State Park in Ohio but need to stop at home first.  Does anyone know what time the Sunday evening event is?  Hope to get there in time for it.

John G.

The Opening Ceremony takes place at 7:00 pm on Sunday.

The schedule is posted up on the MSTA WEBSITE in the ARTICLES section, page 2.

(If you haven’t been checking out the website on a regular basis, please do. We are posting new articles all the time!)
not all that wander are lost

stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »

Pat thanks for the reminder about the MSTA web site, I had not been there in a while and keep forgetting it has lots more new content now. (I have a link direct to the forum that I use more often.)
Steve Grabowski

wbgva_roadkill

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: ~80,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW K1600GTL 2013
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 06:47:31 AM »

The Opening Ceremony takes place at 7:00 pm on Sunday.

The schedule is posted up on the MSTA WEBSITE in the ARTICLES section, page 2.

Thanks Pat!!!  I will check out the ARTICLES section.

John G.

HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 07:26:31 AM »

I left Wednesday to follow the route Randy Logan and I rode to STAR in Staunton in 2009. It was a combination of 1-lane paved roads, 1-lane gravel roads, 2-lane paved secondary roads, and a few bigger roads only when absolutely necessary to catch the next little road...and everything was aiming at curvy conditions! We didn't complete the route as I ALWAYS plan too much. So this time I decided to stop midway. I stopped last night and spent the night in Christiansburg.
I had thought about camping. But with the combination of having a room at the resort (meaning I'd be carrying my camping gear for just one night) and the fact that the weather looked rather iffy, I decided to go motel camping and get an inexpensive room. The EconoLodge in Christiansburg fit the bill 375 miles into the 600+ mile ride.
Coming east off of VA16 I was on Roaring Ford/Poor Valley...nice gravel road which was dry in 2009. Alas, it was raining consistently for that part of the ride this time around...actually rather have it raining there than on VA16...or so I thought. I did manage to find a a muddy spot or two and one of them put me on my head. My supposed 80/20 tires are now looking more like 95/5 tires.
I had been thinking to myself about the near total lack of traffic I'd been dealing with all day, (I'd actually "followed" one car for about 1 mile (one lane barely paved road in NE Tennessee) in the 250+ miles I'd done to this point...the rest of the time I rode at whatever speed I desired. It was fantastic until I had to pick up the bike from a muddy roadway. I could have used a bud.
The bike landed on its right side, and I did feel a bit of an impact on my knee under the bike, but I wasn't feeling any pain. I took the bags off the bike (well, the one that was still on the bike...one had sheared one of its mounting pins and had popped off), backed up to the bike, grasped the handlebar and the grab rail and walked it right up. Dang...that works. It took about 1/2 an hour to strap the now loose bag back on, but I was on my way.
I'll admit that at this point I was feeling a bit "fragile" from the fall, so I headed for pavement and Christiansburg. But I felt good and was feeling lucky for not having any injuries. I stopped at a restaurant near the EconoLodge and had a nice dinner. When I got ready to go, I felt a bit of a twinge in the knee. Uh oh. But I had no problem swinging my leg across the bike.
Finally at the EconoLodge, I unloaded my gear and got ready to walk up to my room on the second floor. Uh oh. I'm feeling it more now.
I didn't sleep well as my knee is a bit tender and stiff. That's what I get for deciding to ride an adventure style bike in adventuresome places at an age where I should be taking it easy (yeah, I'll bet some of you do the same thing). I'll probably be limping around STAR and taking it easy there, but that's ok too. I'll be carefully walking down the steps to the bike with my gear and leaving shortly to pick up the route again. I should have more paved surfaces today, and I'm ok with that. Most of the rainy weather is south of me, but I may have a bit of precipitation to deal with...we'll see. The further north I get, it looks to be more and more dry. I like dry.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:30:54 AM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.