Main Forums > Member Memorials

Remembering K-Huck.

<< < (3/3)

ericlarsen:
I recall fondly riding with Keith, Tom and company on the way to Star in Marietta 1999.  We all happened to land at the same hotel on the way into town and as motorcyclist do, we struck up conversation and found we had the same destination. It was fairly early in my MSTA (then HSTA) membership and you guys made me feel welcome and included on that day's ride. Keith was quite an engaging character and I was glad to have had the opportunity to have met him.  One of the stand out days in the last nearly 2 decades of riding with the club. 

Tom S:
Weren't you riding a BMWGS then?

HawkGTRider:

--- Quote from: Tom S on April 18, 2017, 03:41:39 PM ---Weren't you riding a BMWGS then?

--- End quote ---
If you're referencing my ride of the day, I was aboard an R80ST...a slightly streetified G/S. It boasted different instruments, a narrower handlebar,  and a 19" front wheel vs the G/S 21 incher. Cosmetically it had a chromed exhaust versus the G/S painted pipe. It doesn't sound like much, but it was one fine handling bike.

I might be confusing days again, but I seem to recall one of you guys riding a just released Yamaha R1. Maybe that was Huck...I don't remember. Whoever it was swapped rides with Roger White for a few miles. He was pretty blown away with it...especially the brakes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version