Main Forums > General Discussion

Motel rooms in/near Robbinsville NC

(1/3) > >>

stevegrab:
I am planning to take a trip to the Deal's Gap area after Tri-STAR and am looking at motel options. I will be arriving there for Monday night (Memorial Day) and hoping things are not too booked up already. I've stated at the San-Ran Motel once, and know the main chain motel there is a Microtel. I've also stayed in Townsend once at Dock's.  Both that and San-Ran were a bit more rustic, and that was 10 years ago or more.

Anybody been at any of those places recently and have feedback. Or suggestions on other places in the area, particularly the many cool places specifically suited to motorcycles. My brother mentioned the Dragon Racer's Camp (https://dragonracerscamp.com/) which looks cool, but kind of small and not well suited to older guys that need the bathroom frequently at night. :)

NinjaBob:
Four Seasons Inn in Maggie Valley about 60 miles East is a great place.

Patmo:
A few of us stayed in the Two Wheeled Inn, Robbinsville after the STAR in Bristol.  I highly recommend it.  Clean, quiet, cheap, and garages to park the bikes in.  Restaurant next door.

STLTHMSTA:

--- Quote from: Patmo on May 16, 2022, 06:49:44 PM ---A few of us stayed in the Two Wheeled Inn, Robbinsville after the STAR in Bristol.  I highly recommend it.  Clean, quiet, cheap, and garages to park the bikes in.  Restaurant next door.
--- End quote ---

I'll second that motion, it's a cool place. Not fancy Nancy but that garage seals the deal. Going to Helen last month the restaurant wasn't open on a Thursday night and not sure if it's in operation at this time. However, it was GREAT when we were there.  It's right on 129.  TM

HawkGTRider:
The Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge and Resort has a variety of room accommodations including camping, camping bunk houses, camping cabins, motel-like rooms, and fully furnished cabins. We had an non-event there 7-8 years ago and my wife and I stayed in one of the motel-like rooms. It was just fine and the atmosphere was terrific.
https://ironhorsenc.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version