Author Topic: MSTA Central Florida Brunch Ride  (Read 2333 times)

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
MSTA Central Florida Brunch Ride
« on: February 18, 2020, 07:10:59 AM »
When: Saturday, June 20, 2020⋅9:30 – 11:30am
Where: Four Seasons Restaurant
5298 US-27, Frostproof, FL 33843, USA

Description:First ride after STAR 2020!!  Tall tales to be told...

This will be our 3rd trip.  They’re centrally located east to west, accessible and clean.  Food has been good and prices very reasonable.  Plenty of seating and paved parking.

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Re: MSTA Central Florida Brunch Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 09:19:38 AM »
  • MSTA CENTRAL BRUNCH RIDE!!
    Saturday, June 20th

ONE AND ALL!!  HERE'S WHAT WE HAVE PLANNED FOR THE JUNE MSTA RIDES!!

Both rides will go as planned.  Read on for details.  The current COVID-19 conditions will play a role in how the rides will evolve.

This Saturday, June 20th, the Central Brunch Ride heads to the Four Seasons Restaurant, on 5298 US-27, in Frostproof!! They are open for business, and will be ready to seat 10-15 riders.  They may need to divide the group into two tables, depending on the crowd upon arrival.  As always, flexibility is expected.  As a reminder, BRUNCH rides have a 9:30AM sit down schedule!

As you know by now, Tom has stepped down from his Central Co-Directorship, and will not be leading any rides for the near future.  That should not keep anybody from getting out and making the ride!!  Just like last month, the recipient’s addresses in each of these announcements have been regionalized.  Reach out to the riders in your area and see if you can share some fun and grub.

Here's how much I want to ride this weekend...  Though this is a bruch ride, I will lead a Southie group up to Frostproof.  The catch...  we will meet at the 7-11, at 15589 Southern Blvd., (you know, at Binks Forest and US 98), at 6:30AM!  We'll depart at 6:45AM with full tanks and empty bladders.  Yeah, I need to remind you to bring disposable gloves, or hand sanitizer, wipes, or small rags dampened with rubbing alcohol.  Keep a supply on your bike.  This road trip will require 1-2 gas stops, unless you're on a GSA!  And these stops will take a little longer to ensure that everyone can clean up thoroughly.

I will offer two options for those who meet up at the restaurant.  For those of you who are comfortable with the dining room and service, the Four Seasons will be ready for you.  I have another option for those who choose not to dine in at this time.  Just a short 13 minute ride south of Frostproof, we'll find Donaldson Park at 109 E. Main St. in Avon Park!  For more info, www.avonpark.cc  There are pavilions, tables, sandy beaches, trees, facilities and lots of parking!!  "Bring your own refreshments" and join in at the social distance that makes you comfortable.  We’ll stay as long as we like.  Departure will likely depend on the heat/rain/crowds etc.

For those who are up for a fun route back south, I plan to run west of US27, then south through Lake Placid/CR29 to join SR70 back to Okeechobee.  If the weather still holds, there are a few diversions off the Beeline to entertain us!!

For the next several months, this will be our modus operandi.  The concept of “ride your own ride” has never rang more true.  There are no expectations of participation.  We all have our own stories and they reflect our choices.  I hope this arrangement provides the greatest opportunity for everyone’s participation.  Feel free to offer some guidance or suggestions.

ATGATT  Van
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:21:13 AM by RIDEMYST »