Author Topic: MSTA South Florida Brunch Ride  (Read 2403 times)

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
MSTA South Florida Brunch Ride
« on: February 18, 2020, 07:31:20 AM »
When: Saturday, June 27, 2020⋅9:30 – 11:30am

Where: Crossroads Restaurant
5050 NE 128th Ave, Okeechobee, FL 34974, USA

Description:It's been years since we dined here.  Let's fix that!!
Simple location, good food and great service. 
Join us at the long table for grub and gab!!

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Re: MSTA South Florida Brunch Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 07:12:18 PM »
ONE AND ALL HERE'S WHAT WE HAVE PLANNED FOR THE JUNE MSTA RIDES!!

Both rides will go as planned.  Read on for details.  The current COVID-19 conditions will play a role in how the rides will evolve.

This Saturday, June 27th, the South Brunch Ride heads to the Crossroads Restaurant, at 5050 NE 128th Ave, in Okeechobee!! They are open for business, and will be ready to seat 10-20 riders.  They may need to divide the group into two tables, depending on the crowd upon arrival.  As always, flexibility is expected.  As a reminder, BRUNCH rides have a 9:30AM sit down schedule!
Just like last month, the recipient’s addresses in each of these announcements have been regionalized. Reach out to the riders in your area and see if you can share some fun and grub.

I will offer two options for those who meet up at the restaurant.  For those of you who are comfortable with the dining room and service, Crossroads will be ready for you.  I have another option for those who choose not to dine in at this time.  Just a short 14 minute ride south of Crossroads, we'll find Okeechobee Battlefield Historic State Park!  It's tucked away at 3500 SE 38th Ave.  There is a pavilion with tables, historical markers and tributes, trees, facilities and parking!!  "Bring your own refreshments" and join in at the social distance that makes you comfortable.  We’ll stay as long as we like.  Departure and the route home will likely depend on the heat/rain/crowds etc.

For the next several months, this will be our modus operandi.  The concept of “ride your own ride” has never rang more true.  There are no expectations of participation.  We all have our own stories and they reflect our choices.  I hope this arrangement provides the greatest opportunity for everyone’s participation.  Feel free to offer some guidance or suggestions.

ATGATT  Van
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:16:18 PM by RIDEMYST »

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Re: MSTA South Florida Brunch Ride
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »
Wise decisions and good planning by the folks in Florida. When I'm riding I continue to pack food and eat in parks, then stop at an ice cream place and enjoy my frozen treat outside.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650