Author Topic: Dan Igoe  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Dan Igoe
« on: April 19, 2021, 09:51:11 PM »

An email received with some very sad news.....Dan was a good friend to so many here in the MSTA, a real asset to the club, and a wonderful member.  On a personal level, he was one of the people that I really turned to for advice and really enjoyed working with and talking with.  I already miss him. Man, I hate getting news like this, and even more I hate having to pass it on because I know many other will be saddened too.......

“I'm writing to share a bit of not so great news with you.. I just got word from his family that Dan Igoe passed away on April 15. He and I both live in Columbus and were friends and good riding buddies.

I knew he was having some health issues but when we last spoke he sounded positive and upbeat so I figured he was getting better. Naturally I'm still reeling.

I know he did a lot of writing and maybe even helped with legal stuff for MSTA so I'm suspecting it's something that you will want to announced / memorialize.

His daughter told me that there will be an obituary coming soon and that services will be held TBD. I'll share that info with you when I get it.

Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Take care and talk soon.

Myke Welch”

not all that wander are lost

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 718710
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
Re: Dan Igoe
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »
Very sad to hear of Dan's passing. I met him at a couple of events and had some great conversations with him. I will miss him. Condolences to friends and family.
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha TRacer 9GT

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 07:02:26 AM »
Prior to the Raffle envelope stuffing party at my place in February, Dan had sent me a check from Florida where he was spending the winter. The money was to help cover expenses of hosting the meeting. I didn't really need to have the expenses covered but that was very thoughtful way for him to participate since he couldn't make the trip.
That's the kinda guy Dan was.
With Dan's approval I sent the money to The Freestore Foodbank here in Cincinnati. He was all for it.
Rest in Peace our friend and Godspeed.   TM

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 09:05:27 AM »
Very sad news. Dan and I lived in Columbus, when ever we saw each other we would tell lies about events in and around about "Cow Town." Very smart and always on top of things. We had a couple of breakfasts together in La Crosse. That was the last time we spoke face to face.
Steve

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »
Wow this sucks, I didn't know Dan that well but had met him at STAR in LaCrosse when he left a note on my 2014 VFR looking for feedback. We talked later at the hotel and several times at events since then.

RIP  Dan.

Here is an obituary I found online
https://www.schoedinger.com/obituaries/Daniel-Igoe/#!/Obituary

Hmm, didn't realize we shared a birthplace, Gary Indiana.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 02:08:11 PM »
So sad. First Harry and now Dan. He and Harry will be greatly missed by all. -JEP-
 :-[

Offline motomyke

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 150000
  • Primary Motorcycle: VFR 800 6th Gen
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 07:08:53 AM »

An email received with some very sad news.....Dan was a good friend to so many here in the MSTA, a real asset to the club, and a wonderful member.  On a personal level, he was one of the people that I really turned to for advice and really enjoyed working with and talking with.  I already miss him. Man, I hate getting news like this, and even more I hate having to pass it on because I know many other will be saddened too.......

“I'm writing to share a bit of not so great news with you.. I just got word from his family that Dan Igoe passed away on April 15. He and I both live in Columbus and were friends and good riding buddies.

I knew he was having some health issues but when we last spoke he sounded positive and upbeat so I figured he was getting better. Naturally I'm still reeling.

I know he did a lot of writing and maybe even helped with legal stuff for MSTA so I'm suspecting it's something that you will want to announced / memorialize.

His daughter told me that there will be an obituary coming soon and that services will be held TBD. I'll share that info with you when I get it.

Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Take care and talk soon.

Myke Welch”

All, as promised I'm sharing the obit.
https://www.schoedinger.com/obituaries/Daniel-Igoe/#!/Obituary

I knew Dan for a few years and we rode together a good bit and spoke often.
Sadly I never had a chance to make it to any local MSTA events with him, so I've never met any of you. I'd like to fix that.

If anyone is interested in getting together for a central Ohio memorial ride, I'm in.

BTW Services are next Friday. See obit for details.

--Myke
VFR800 6th Gen - XR400 - DRZ400E (in progress)

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 08:32:17 AM »
Dan was great to ride with and even better to talk with. He always brightened my day. I had joked with him that he was on a quest to own all the VFRs.

He did a lot to support the club, from arranging the fold-up MSTA caps to saving our bacon with the IRS, and much more.

I will really miss him.
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 02:23:36 PM »
Dan was great to ride with and even better to talk with. He always brightened my day. I had joked with him that he was on a quest to own all the VFRs.

He did a lot to support the club, from arranging the fold-up MSTA caps to saving our bacon with the IRS, and much more.

I will really miss him.

Thanks for providing more info on Dan, I'll think of him every time I wear my coveted MSTA fold up hat.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:33:01 AM by stevegrab »
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline motomyke

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 150000
  • Primary Motorcycle: VFR 800 6th Gen
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 10:09:21 AM »
Is anyone here going to the service?

I'll be riding over to pay my respects this Friday at around 4.
VFR800 6th Gen - XR400 - DRZ400E (in progress)