Author Topic: ByWay Boogie - 2022  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Neirbog

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Kawasaki Ninja 1000
ByWay Boogie - 2022
« on: January 26, 2022, 12:29:34 PM »
There has been a schedule change for the By-Way Boogie event!
Typically it is held on the second weekend in October, but this year it will be moved up to September 30th due to the rescheduling of the large "Bikes, Blues and BarBQue" event in the area.
Arkansas By-Way Boogie
Just-For-Fun Event Road
September 30th - October 2, 2022
Clarksville, Arkansas
The By-Way Boogie is an informal get-together for a final Fall weekend of riding in the Ozark mountains of Northwest Arkansas. The group gets together for dinner on Friday and Saturday night at nearby restaurants.
Best Western - Sherwood Hotel
1207 S Rogers Street
Clarksville, Arkansas
479-754-7900
They are holding a block of rooms for the group, our rates are:
Single $68.00
Double or King $ 73.00
When you make your reservations, be sure to let them know you are with MSTA so you will get the group room rate. Room cost includes a full breakfast, and there are also restaurants within walking distance. For further information, contact Gayla and Bill O’Brien at 479-409-2893 or 479-409-2878 or neirbog@yahoo.com.
Neirbog = G.O'Brien backwards
Kawasaki Ninja 1000 '17
BMW F800R '11 & Honda CRF230 '05

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Re: ByWay Boogie - 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 01:35:35 PM »
It's both positive and negative that we have multiple events the same weekend.

Negative in that a few hardy souls might try to attend events from outside the immediate regional area. Being the same weekend as another event probably means picking only 1 instead of possibly attending multiple events when on different weekends.

But it's positive in that we have enough active and interested folks to justify having multiple events the same weekend. I like to think that we are the most positive and enthused riding association around anywhere.

I have to admit still being a little disappointed that BOTH of the Arkansas events have been scheduled the same weekend as another event. I haven't attended anywhere near every event in AR, and I was even surprised at the number of folks that I didn't know at all at the last one I attended. But that just means I need to make more of them. :-)

On a trip with some buds through Arkansas last year, I was pleased to have been on many of the fun roads we traversed. And it was because I've been to several MSTA events over the years. A couple of the guys on that trip had only ridden across AR on an interstate to get somewhere else. They were astounded at the delightful riding there. Anything that might limit that exposure to the delights of that area is a shame.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Rayk86ss

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 05:08:45 PM »
Is the hotel closed?  Google shows it as permanently closed and the phone is not answered. 

Offline doug mcpeek

• MSTA Member
  • Half-fast Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: N + 1
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha FJ-09
Re: ByWay Boogie - 2022 - Hotel Fire, updates soon
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 10:43:49 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tips/fire-breaks-out-at-best-western-in-clarksville/ar-AA106Yzm

from the MSTA Facebook page:

"ByWay Boogie update-  apparently our host hotel will only  be good for a marshmallow roast.
The hotel burnt to the ground today.   We'll be working on finding a replacement hotel and will update soon.
Thanks." - Gayla Cawood O'Brien
Ohio MSTA State Director
"It's bad luck to be superstitious!"
Riding makes me happy.

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »
Obviously...Bummer!!
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.