Author Topic: New Member  (Read 9225 times)

Offline tunerider335

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2021 BMW r1250 GS
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
Hello to all MSTA members!  I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to the forum and to any regional members out there for any upcoming events.

My name is Scott and I live right outside of Galesburg, Illinois.  I have worked as a controller for the same company for 10 years and have been recently transferred to this area so I really don't know many people.  I decided after not riding for many years that I would get back into the sport and have really loved getting back in the saddle!

I currently own a KTM 1190 Adventure.  Great power and handling both.  Please feel free to let me know about any upcoming events as I could use any excuse to go for a ride!!  Look forward to seeing you on the road!
Scott
2021 BMW r1250 gs
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline Steveinfl

• Forum Member
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
Welcome to the club. We have a good group of riders in Florida and expect you find some local members in Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tino

• Forum Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: Over 300K
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 bmw r1200gs
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
Welcome Scott! MSTA is a great bunch of riders.  Always something going on somewhere!
Tino

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:49:10 AM »
Welcome....

River City Ride and the Bull Shoals regional events are probably the closest to you, the rest of this year.  Springtime brings the TwiStar event in southern Wisconsin.  More "local" events might be listed in the upcoming events area, or in state appropriate forums.

Many of the regional events are centered in areas further south and east from you, but there is usually more "local" riding going on than is ever reported here.  Keep posting and keep in mind the MSTA has a Facebook page as well, if you are so inclined.  Some people are there, and not here.  Some people are here and not there.  Some people aren't on either, but are on state forums or lists.

Some people are everywhere, and some people are nowhere  ;D

Hope to see you at some of the events sometime.

Pat
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:07:27 PM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline boatanchor

• MSTA Member
  • Ridin' one road at a time
  • Lifetime Mileage: Who knows....Who cares
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2012 Super Tenere
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »
Hey Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and it's good to see another rider on an Adventure bike. If you are ever want to take a trip to a event located further away, I recommend coming to the southeast events. Nothing but good curvy roads down here, psst, but don't tell the other yankees...  ;)

Welcome aboard....
East Tennessee State Co-Director

"My journey with you has been an adventure"

Offline tunerider335

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2021 BMW r1250 GS
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
Thanks for the posts....  I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with you all!  The southern events sound great as well!  I live in Illinois now but was born and raised in the south!
Scott
2021 BMW r1250 gs
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
Welcome.. We would love to have you come to my event, The Big Lynn Lodge Ride. July 25-27th Little Switzerland, NC. Exceptional curvy roads AND some beautiful gravel roads just off the Blue Ridge Parkway that are perfect for our big Adventure bikes. I ride the Yamaha Super Tenere. There still are a few rooms available. Come on down! Lets ride!

Brick
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650