Author Topic: New Member from Houston  (Read 6029 times)

Aus Eclipse

New Member from Houston
« on: October 07, 2014, 01:10:37 AM »
Hi folks, found out about this group accidentally while searching for Clubs in Houston. Looking for some folks to ride with in the Houston area. I live right in Downtown, I am not a local or even a US Citizen (an Aussie) so dont know my way around very well. For the first year I wondered are there any corners or hills in Texas, found a few but you have to go a long way from Downtown to get there. Hope to learn from some of the experienced members to improve my riding skills and be a better safer rider.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: New Member from Houston
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:05:07 AM »
Well... Welcome. I'm sorry you are living in downtown Houston. What a bummer. Come to out Texas Hill Country rally. October 24-26th.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 07:54:21 AM »
Welcome! +1 on going to the Hill Country.

Have a friend here in Mid-Tn that came from Houston.  After taking him around some of the roads just outside of town, his comment was about how the people in Houston would like to have just ONE road like the ones we enjoy everyday. Guess its pretty flat there?  Oh well, that gives you a reason to travel to other places, right?  Texas is a BIG state, but we do have some members in the Houston area.  Hopefully they will see your post and respond.  Hope to meet you at some of the events in the coming year .

Pat M

not all that wander are lost

Offline Michael Snyder

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »
Wade i have asked our Houston area director to contact you.  Welcome

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk