MSTA Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Get yourself tested...  (Read 5881 times)

HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Get yourself tested...
« on: June 23, 2022, 09:41:07 PM »

I am really sorry to have to make such a confession, but after getting home today from MO and feeling like I had a slight fever, I took one of the home COVID tests. Alas, it came up positive. My wife also tested and was negative. She's going to stay with friends for a few days while I sit here all alone.

Like many of us at STAR, we were chatting up each other pretty good. I'd hate to think that we were a "super spreader" group, but I didn't see but a small handful of folks masked up. If you start to feel a bit wonky, get tested and then quarantine if needed.

I'll get a professional test tomorrow, but frankly, I doubt the results will be any different.

Dang!! Double Dang!!

For the record I've been double inoculated and boosted. When many of my friends around here were getting sick, I've cruised right through until now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:43:00 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
Re: Get yourself tested...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 10:07:13 PM »

Well, funny you mention that. My roommate Dale Hall also tested positive. When he started to feel bad I got another room and he isolated himself. I got him a test kit and he tested +. He is still at the hotel really feeling bad and not doing well, he will wait a few days before trying to ride home. I tested myself when I got home and am -. I will test again tomorrow.  So there ya having folks, it ain't over til it's over!!!   TM

Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 07:24:11 AM »

Yikes!  Guess I better get tested since I was around you guys, and so many more.
not all that wander are lost

RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 10:28:16 AM »

Sorry to hear this news. Hope all who test positive recuperate fully and quickly.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Ride4MS

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 10:57:55 AM »

I just got a message from John Henry, HUBraking and he also tested positive when he got home but is feeling good. Robert test negative. They talked to many MSTA Members, so we better pass the word to get tested.

We just completed our tests, and we tested negative for Covid.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:41:20 PM by Ride4MS »
Carl Wieman, 2016-2022 MSTA Dan Clark Safety Program Coordinator,    2022 Vanderhall Venice, 1986 Honda Gold Wing Interstate 
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor

stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 11:12:06 AM »

I was at a conference from work last week, one of my co-workers had a really raspy voice, said he got a scratchy throat bothering him after the first night in the hotel. When he got home on Friday he tested and was positive. I took 2 tests over the next few days and was negative.

I hope everybody avoids any serious issues and that most who test are negative. This stuff isn't gone and most people at most larger gatherings are going without masks, which is fine. I saw one of our vendors wearing a mask, a few staff at the hotel too. Just have to make sure you get tested quickly if not feeling right.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 12:49:58 PM »

I tested negative this morning and feel fine

Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 03:15:55 PM »

I felt ok yesterday morning when I left, but by the time I got home after a 3 hour ride in the heat I didn't feel very good. Thought it must be the effects of the heat. Sore throat, cough and upper body aches today but I tested positive.

Fred Z.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 04:53:15 PM by Paco Bulto »

STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 05:06:39 PM »

Oooooh Noooooo!! Does this make us no better than the folks at Sturgis??  LOL Percentage-wise we might.
Best to all and let's hope this doesn't get too bad. TM

HawkGTRider

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 07:40:16 PM »

I'll retest the middle of next week which will be 6-7 days after I first noticed I was congested.

The people I spent the most time around, including my roommate at STAR, have all tested negative. So maybe I didn't share it with anyone else. I'll gain a little consolation from that.

If this crap is still around next year and I'm doing registration again, perhaps being masked during those days wouldn't be a terrible idea.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)

Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 11:52:17 AM »

Another member just informed me that he and his roommate both are positive.

Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 11:57:01 AM »

There were 8 reported positives posted on the Facebook MSTA STAR 22 page. These 2 may bring the total to 10.

HawkGTRider

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 03:55:03 PM »

Kudos to President Pat and his team along with all volunteers who helped with STAR ‘’22.  I also thought the staff/employees at the hotel went “above and beyond”.
Cape Girardeau folks friendly and nice too.
I agree with Mickey completely. I thought the staff was super.

Once or twice I even had area people wave me by them when I was behind them. Maybe they didn't like me riding right behind them, but it was me that appreciated it more than they didn't like something.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 03:57:00 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene

STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 06:09:23 PM »

Update News: I'm Tom McKiernan and you're Not!  I tested positive this morning after feeling some symptoms last night I test again today. Sooooo, I'm doing all the usual stuff and getting lots of sunshine. I have very mild symptoms but it's annoying after all this time doing everything I could short of becoming a hermit. I guess I'll ride by myself more. LOL
Update on Dale Hall: He's doing better and has left the Cape for home today.   Ain't this the $*)ts.  My goofy sense of humor is intact so that'll help me through this. Take care everyone,  TM
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 07:15:43 PM by STLTHMSTA »

Ride4MS

• MSTA Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 09:37:53 PM »

Add one more to the list of positive. I started with a cough several hours ago and the past hour or more, felt tired and a little warm. Took the test and tested positive.
Denise still feels good. She tested negative about noon today.
We both have had 2 vaccines and one booster and scheduled for 2nd booster on Tuesday. Guess that won't happen.
Seems this Covid thing is picky on who gets it. 11 out of over 200 at STAR.
I felt good this afternoon and washed our ride and added a MSTA feature for this photo below.
Carl Wieman, 2016-2022 MSTA Dan Clark Safety Program Coordinator,    2022 Vanderhall Venice, 1986 Honda Gold Wing Interstate 
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.