MSTA Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Started a STAR Poll....  (Read 3078 times)

Patmo

• MSTA Member
Started a STAR Poll....
« on: June 29, 2022, 08:45:20 AM »

Dealing primarily with location and timing of the STAR Rally.   It's on Faceboook, but I don't think you have to be a Facebook member to vote.  The link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/784985838625827
not all that wander are lost

RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Started a STAR Poll....
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 11:07:18 AM »

Dealing primarily with location and timing of the STAR Rally.   It's on Faceboook, but I don't think you have to be a Facebook member to vote.  The link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/784985838625827
Pat: I am a Facebook member, but currently not logged in. I clicked the link and it went to Rally main page - no poll visible. I did see it earlier when I was logged in. Much has changed with Facebook - and many things are not viewable even if public, to non-users. YMMV!
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 03:36:20 PM »

I clicked Pat's link, I see a poll that Pat created on July 8 about the welcoming ceremony, I can click to view it, but cannot vote. Not sure if that is what he's referring. I can actually scroll down and see quite a bit more than I usually would on an individuals FB page if I went to one as a non-member these days.

I get that many people are on FB, but many are also not there. I have no idea how it breaks down with our membership, or society in general.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Ride4MS

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 11:22:25 PM »

I am not on FB for several reasons. 1st, I spent the last 24 yr of my full time job on the phone answering 50-75 calls per day as well as 50-75 emails per day. When I got home, I did not even answer the phone. Of course, the last two years I was one of 2 of us that answered work emails at home as we were salary, not hourly workers. OTC/Bosch Tech Support for automotive tools, as well as logging into a persons laptop, then to their tablet that was hooked to a Semi truck and remotely diagnose the problems and help repair. In simple terms, I was a computer geek the last few years that knew how to repair big trucks, as well as automotive.
I did not even want to look at personal emails very much, but getting back to that.
5 years of retirement and I still don't like to take phone calls.
Emails, I do them out of necessity, but still do not want to take on anything more, such as FB.
I have had a few people copy some comments from FB and send to me and those make me wonder if they would actually say that to a persons face, they are so nasty. And, I have heard a few times where someone tried to tell the person that they should not post such comments, and the 1st person told them to not read it if they did not like it and so on. Well, there is my answer, I won't be on FB so that I don't have to read those comments.
So, bottom line, if anyone wants me to see something, please send an email as I am not on FB, and I hope that I did not offend anyone with my comments.
Carl Wieman, 2016-2022 MSTA Dan Clark Safety Program Coordinator,    2022 Vanderhall Venice, 1986 Honda Gold Wing Interstate 
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 19 queries.