Author Topic: Throttle Tamer for Ducati ST3  (Read 7806 times)

Phil Bolichowski

Throttle Tamer for Ducati ST3
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:32:14 PM »
G2 Throttle Tamer

Today I installed and tested a new aluminium throttle tube on my 2005 Ducati ST3 called a G2 Throttle Tamer. This product is designed help any cable operated motorcycle perform smoother. A normal white plastic throttle tube that is round in shape where the cable resides pulls the cable at a constant rate as you turn the throttle.

The new aluminium throttle tube from G2ERGO.COM has a progressive shape at the working end. It starts with the cable head closer to the handle bar, which makes the initial turn slower to respond. As you twist the throttle more the cable rides up the cam shaped wheel, speeding up throttle action.

It still only takes a ΒΌ turn to get to full throttle, but the difference in response is very noticeable. Most fuel injected bike are a bit jumpy when the throttle is just opened, like when in traffic or when you crack the throttle going into a twisty corner.

For average riders on a high performance bike this replacement throttle tube certainly makes the bike much easier to ride smoothly. I am very pleased with this product and recommend it anybody.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline erniee

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: MOTO GUZZI V85 Honor Guard
Re: Throttle Tamer for Ducati ST3
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
I put one on my past 06 FJR. It truely did make a big difference just coming back on the throttle during cornering.