Author Topic: Gordon Gerbing  (Read 7500 times)

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Gordon Gerbing
« on: September 20, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »
I had signed up for there email updates and just got this.

Stay Warm this Winter
View this email in your browser

Dear David Brickner

We are glad you signed up for our mailing list. Some of you signed up a day or two ago, and some signed up as long ago as the end of last December. As promised, we will only activate this list occasionally, and this is our first use. Here we offer a 10% discount until Oct 12 only to our subscribers, in addition to our $39 package discount which is always offered.

We are the Gerbing family, the inventors of the heated jacket liner way back in the 1970's, with all those decades of experience and innovation. Now we have a new company, a small family business named for Gordon Gerbing, who founded our original company, and is now the grandfather of our youngest Gerbing employees.

Our first innovation for our new company is that we are almost certainly the only heated clothing company in which everything we sell is made right here in the USA.
Jacket Liner. Surround yourself with heat, from the inventors of the original.
Deerskin Gloves. Beautiful, soft, flexible, and durable. These gloves are likely the best gloves you will ever wear.
Heat Controller. Large buttons make it easy to control while riding even with gloves, never taking your eyes off the road.
Our $39 package discount for buying all three products is automatic at our web site. To indicate the 10% by-product discount, enter the word MailList when asked for a coupon. If you have any questions, call us at 844-4WARMTH (844-492-7684). Visit our web site at gordonsheated.com.

Thank you again for your interest and your choice of Made in the USA products.

The Gerbing Family

Jacket Liner
$215.10, 10% off $239
Go to Web Page

Deerskin Gloves
$179.10, 10% off $199
Go to Web Page

Heat Controller
$89.10, 10% off $99
Go to Web Page
Copyright © 2015 Gordon's Heated Clothing, All rights reserved.
Hello from Gordon's

Our mailing address is:
Gordon's Heated Clothing
500 E Gerbing View Dr
PO Box 95Union, WA 98592-0095

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
Re: Gordon Gerbing
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 07:15:12 PM »
Yup, me too. Had forgotten all about signing up, but glad to get the notice. Will have to go look at the stuff, not needing much now. At some point may look more into a vest, but don't do enough serious cold weather riding to justify the expenditure.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 07:55:33 PM »
Richard since Eclipse made the first heated vest back in the 80's I've always had a heated garment. While living in Ohio I often used them in the cold months to extend my riding. However since we moved here to Western North Carolina I use more heated gear more than I ever did in Ohio. I'm sure there are several reasons. I'm older and less tolerant of cold. I now ride year around. I ride more long distances which can put me in more iffy weather. It extends my days riding it extends my comfort on trips.
If I go on a trip I ALWAYS bring my heated gear along. This original Gordon Gerbing gear is the best I've ever owned.
YMMV
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 04:14:34 AM »
[At some point may look more into a vest, but don't do enough serious cold weather riding to justify the expenditure...RichGrab]

The expense is minor when you consider other normal, motorcycle related costs; such as changing tires. The purchase of a correctly sized, electric vest is a one-time cost.  Born and raised in So Cal, I found that having an electric vest in OH greatly extended my riding season at both ends of the year. Plus on those rare winter days when it soars up to 40 with no ice or salt on the roads, I can take a ride.   :-)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:22:15 PM by DirtFlier »

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 09:05:52 AM »
Brick, I did a search for Gerbing. I got a company called Gyde, which is selling heated clothing. I had heard a couple of years ago the company was sold, but could not remember who bought it. It's interesting they are back selling their clothing!
Later, Steve
Steve

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 06:56:41 PM »
The company that for the past number of years called Gerbing is the original company that was sold by Gordon. Those that purchased the original Gerbing Co... Did what a lot of companies do... Send production over seas. While still a good product not a great product and not guaranteed for life! Gordon sold because of health issues and it has always bothered him. So he and his family including grandchildren started Gordon Gerbing again. All made in the USA.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 05:39:12 AM »
Good for the Gerbing family!  Isn't it funny how often an originator sells his/her company after many decades (and burnout) then comes back to rescue the company name.   I wish them the best of luck because the field is now much-more crowded than when it was only Widder and Gerbing.

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 06:38:15 AM »
Yea there is still Gerbing and Gordon Gerbing.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 08:29:59 AM »
Good for them. I hope it all works out!

Steve
Steve

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »
Whatever brand of heated clothing you buy, get a jacket liner with sleeves rather than a sleeveless vest. My original Gerbing jacket liner even has a flip-up heated collar that is especially handy on my dual-sport bike which has no windshield.

In general, heated gear provides more warmth with less bulk, and the controller enables you to stay comfortable on a day of changing temperature without the hassle of removing layers. It's also essential if you have to travel on even a mildly cool rainy day.

Norm Kern

Offline wardie

• MSTA Member
    • 2 Wheel Power Hour
  • Lifetime Mileage: over 200K
  • Primary Motorcycle: 1995 BMW K 1100 RS
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
I've had the original Gerbing liner jacket, pants, gloves and socks for years. Expensive  initially yes but over the past 12 years very small compared to the use they've given me . Years ago Daytona Bike Week used to be earlier in March which meant I'd have to look for a "window" in late February to try and get out of Ohio. I can remember many times driving on clear roads with snow piled up on the side and thinking I'm damn glad I have this Gerbing stuff. It would of been very difficult at best just trying to layer up and make it through to where it's warmer.

Glad for the info on Gordon Gerbing. BTW two years ago at the Barber Festival I purchased Powerlet  liner gloves that did not have wires for heating rather it used a catalytic affect between the glove material and the electricity. I donned them coming back from Daytona last fall. Got up in Wytheville it was 37 degrees..those liners were a lot easier to wear and use compared to my "old" Gerbing gloves. Nowadays everyone has light spec heated gloves but I thought just being able to throw these liners in my bag, so light and compact that I'd just leave them there and when ever it got cold I'd have them.
Wardie