Thread Archive > STAR 2021

STAR 2021 Routes Website is online!

(1/6) > >>

normkern:
The STAR 2021 Routes website is online! 15 road and 6 ADV rides to choose from. Check out the EZ Route finder here! http://star21.flybyweek.com/

Norm Kern

Kevin:
Very good job Norm.  And the others that helped you!  Thanks for all the work and effort everyone put in to produce the routes and all the supporting docs.  The website is very nice and well laid out.  The users guide is very good and should be the first thing everyone should read and use to setup their GPS's.

I am looking forward to Star 2021 and the Canaan Valley Resort.

:trink39:  :clap:

Ride4MS:
I am not using a GPS, but looking at the routes they look like great routes.  But, in the printed version in PDF, it mainly shows names of roads.  It would also be very very helpful to have the road numbers.
I am trying to get a feel for the routes, and Bing maps as well as Google maps use the road number.  State maps don't use any names, just numbers also.

Patmo:
Carl

I think you’ll find that a lot of the little roads don’t HAVE numbers, just names. But you can put together some really good routes on your own just by taking a WV state map and staying on state routes.  They are pretty much ALL twisty. 

NinjaBob:

--- Quote from: Ride4MS on May 10, 2021, 09:26:28 PM ---I am not using a GPS, but looking at the routes they look like great routes.  But, in the printed version in PDF, it mainly shows names of roads.  It would also be very very helpful to have the road numbers.
I am trying to get a feel for the routes, and Bing maps as well as Google maps use the road number.  State maps don't use any names, just numbers also.

--- End quote ---
I have this same issue with the Garmin maps in my Zumo. The turn alerts at the top of the GPS screen give street names when you are approaching a town or city instead of highway  numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version