Author Topic: Baymont Inn reservation  (Read 5322 times)

Offline Greg

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 150000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Honda GL 1800
Baymont Inn reservation
« on: June 19, 2019, 11:06:37 AM »
I made reservations at the Best Western for this years Fly-By upon checking out last year.  Best Western indicated the reservation was still active but I decided to check with the Baymont to make sure it carried over.  The clerk I talked to couldn’t find a reservation for me and couldn’t use my “active” confirmation #.  I had to cancel my reservation with BW and make a new reservation with the Baymont. Has anyone else had reservations with the BW and checked with the Baymont to see if they are still good?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:43:15 PM by Greg »
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
Re: Baymont Inn reservation
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 04:39:26 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up. 

I called the Baymont this morning and my reservation made in February is still in place but now with a completely different confirmation #.   :trink39:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:39:22 AM by DirtFlier »

Offline Greg

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 150000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Honda GL 1800
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 05:21:36 PM »
So,  I just talked with a different clerk at the Baymont to confirm my new reservation and she found the new one and the original one made with Best Western.  If I hadn’t checked the second time I probably would have been paying for two rooms the first night.  I would imagine that all is well with everyone reservations, I just talked to the wrong person the first time.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »
Sorry to hear about the mix ups, my confidence in the staff there hasn't been great since a couple years ago when their computers were down for several weeks and they were not able to take reservations. I wondered how does a hotel like that stay in business.

That and changing names 3 times in about 5 years.

Not dissing the work of the organizers, and generally customer service is on the decline in all industries.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »
When I called yesterday around 4:30PM they were swamped and understaffed, I was asked to call back later. OK, I get that, only one person and people lined up checking in. So I called back this morning and at first the lady (Tiffany) was having trouble finding the block of rooms, even asked "are they under one person's name" I said "maybe Norm Kern but we were told to ask for Fly By week group", and she suddenly found it, not sure what was the key or issue. She was asking if other people are arriving earlier, I said probably (but what does that matter).

Then she asks for my name, tells me they don't need a card because we pay when we get there, also didn't give me a confirmation number.  Then she says "oh what kind of room do you want, king or double?" I told her double, she says OK I've got you on the list.

Have to say that doesn't quite give me a warm fuzzy feeling that all is well and I've got a guaranteed reservation. I may call back in a few days to confirm that, and ask for a confirmation number.

I want to emphasize, this is not a knock on Norm, or the choice of hotel, just my musings about their staff and odd things with making a reservation.

PS  I also was looking online yesterday directly thru hotel site, after I was asked to call back. I did see some rooms available for Thu-Sun, at a good rate with AAA discount (same or couple $ less than our rate).
Steve Grabowski

Offline normkern

• Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 11:30:06 AM »
I have been in contact with the hotel. Things should be straightened out by now, but if you haven't contacted them in the past month or so about an earlier reservation, it would be a good idea to check with them.

Call 740-371-8601. Ask for Brent. He seems to be the most knowledgeable person and is quite familiar with FlyBy Week.

Norm Kern

Offline Woovis

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: '04 Yamaha FJR1300 ABS
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 02:51:37 PM »
Gave up on the Baymont, booked across the street at the Quality Inn...
--
ride often, ride well...
-Woovis-

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »
I just called the Baymont to confirm my reservation, because when I made it I got no confirmation number, they did not take my credit card info (address or anything) and basically told me they "added me to the list" which seemed to be under Norm's name as the event organizer.

When I called today I spoke to I believe he said his name was Michael. I filled him in and he said that person was no longer working there, was not doing their job right. He said that as of now he is the GM and owner (sounded young) and that he is working to put things in order, get staff trained etc. He confirmed my info, asked for a phone# and gave me a confirmation#. He promised me that the place will improve, especially as I mentioned we've noticed multiple name changes over the past few years (from Holiday Inn to Best Western, and now Baymont).

I guess we'll see when we get there how things are. I will say that after doing a long weekend riding trip with my brother last month staying the Super 8 in Marietta wasn't great choice. (Considered Microtel but cost savings at Super 8 were too appealing). The nearby dining options (Shoney's and Pizza Hut) were not great either. (The hotel was hosting some sort of group therapy/rehab session.)
Steve Grabowski

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 06:05:12 PM »
So how did your session turn out?? Was it rehab or therapy??  LOL Sorry, couldn't help myself! I knew not to push the "post" button but did it anyway.   TM