MSTA Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lodging options  (Read 6741 times)

Falcofred

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250 GS HP
  • Any excuse to ride
Re: Lodging options
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »

Woovis was looking for a cabin for 2. 

I've requested to join a group, I assume it's the members only group?

Does anyone know how to access the Blue Book so I can contact Woovis?

You can access the download of the Bluebook directly in the Members Only section of this forum.
2020 BMW R1250 GS
2018 Husqvarna 701SM
2005 Suzuki DR650, the Mighty DR

Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 07:34:26 AM »

I’m confused (normal situation). Here’s my questions for people wanting to access the Bluebook.

Are you a dues paying member of the club?

If so, have you requested full MSTA Member status for this forum?

Or

Do you already have full MSTA Member status for this forum?

If so, you should be able to access both the Members Only section of this forum AND the Downloads.  In either case you should be able to download a digital copy of the Bluebook to your computer, tablet, and/or smart phone.

If you would prefer to have a printed copy, you can either: print out your own copy OR request a printed copy be sent you when you renew your membership. If you’ve not yet joined the club as a full member, when you do you will receive a printed copy in your new member packet.

Short of that, if you do Facebook and have not already done so, join the MSTA Facebook group and the STAR 2021 Facebook group.  You can message others through those groups or via Facebook Messenger.
not all that wander are lost

stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 12:49:18 PM »

Sometimes if somebody is requesting contact info and I know (or can confirm thru Blue Book) that they are a member I will just send them the contact info directly.

I presume that Falco Fred was not a full MSTA Member on this site, but is now (I see that under their name). Maybe he's got what he needs now.

As for the Facebook groups, that's a good way to contact some members, but not everybody is on FB and some who are fit the "hardly use it" group, and I believe Woovis falls into one of those 2 categories.

Heck I've noticed over the last 5 years that some people rarely check (or respond) to emails, but a text or phone call is more likely to work (if they recognize your number or explain who you are).
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Falcofred

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250 GS HP
  • Any excuse to ride
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2021, 03:29:54 PM »

I presume that Falco Fred was not a full MSTA Member on this site, but is now (I see that under their name). Maybe he's got what he needs now.

As for the Facebook groups, that's a good way to contact some members, but not everybody is on FB and some who are fit the "hardly use it" group, and I believe Woovis falls into one of those 2 categories.

Heck I've noticed over the last 5 years that some people rarely check (or respond) to emails, but a text or phone call is more likely to work (if they recognize your number or explain who you are).

I am and have been a full MSTA member since 1987. My first STAR was at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. Back then HSTA members were young enough to sleep in tents on the ground. I'm old, but still tent several times a season.
I'm do not frequent this forum often, and I didn't realize that I had to ask permission to become a 'Full' member and get access to the Blue Book.

I don't use FB

I agree that most people only answer phone calls from recognized numbers. That is why I texted Woovis when someone provided me his number. Woovis is looking for a cabin for he, his Wife and dog.

I'm still looking for anyone who wants to split a room.
2020 BMW R1250 GS
2018 Husqvarna 701SM
2005 Suzuki DR650, the Mighty DR

Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2021, 06:22:43 AM »

I am and have been a full MSTA member since 1987. My first STAR was at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. Back then HSTA members were young enough to sleep in tents on the ground. I'm old, but still tent several times a season.
I'm do not frequent this forum often, and I didn't realize that I had to ask permission to become a 'Full' member and get access to the Blue Book.

I don't use FB

I agree that most people only answer phone calls from recognized numbers. That is why I texted Woovis when someone provided me his number. Woovis is looking for a cabin for he, his Wife and dog.

John,
Perhaps giving you real name might be helpful. LOL.
Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 09:36:28 AM »

I don't use FB

John,
Perhaps giving you real name might be helpful. LOL.
Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did that, several posts ago (on page 1), its also in his profile, if you click on it you'll see it.

John/FalcoFred,
The forum just requires member to request member access in order to get to the members only area where things like the Blue Book and GPS routes are posted and intended only for paying members.

PS  I know I can be a bit testy at times, but I'm seeing it from people here that don't normally exhibit that behavior. I think this past year plus has worn on us all, and we need to get out and ride, attend an event and remember why we're members of this fantastic club. Look forward to seeing many of you in about a month at Canaan Valley
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 19 queries.