Thread Archive > STAR 2016

Who is attending STAR 2016?

<< < (14/14)

stevegrab:

--- Quote from: DrTizz on June 18, 2016, 10:16:31 am ---Sigh...so the morning of departure and the Triumph decides to assert its "British-ness" and start leaking oil...

--- End quote ---
My 99 Sprint ST has done that a couple times. First the fuel line couplers wore out with gas leaking all over days before a trip. Then last year the throttle cable broke, in both cases I wasn't leaving for the trip but taking the bike out to scrub in new tires.

Now I got it back from the shop after a check engine light issue was resolved, and then I had some trouble starting it after a ride on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't act up during the trip. I spent a combined 3+ weeks on it riding out west for 2 STARs and it was fine. Maybe she's just getting old (43K miles).

qman8:

--- Quote from: Brick on June 16, 2016, 10:54:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: DrTizz on June 16, 2016, 07:52:36 pm ---Looks like I'll be leaving a day early to avoid the high temps coming...even if you are used to the higher temperatures, 110 is just a bit more than I care for!  On a slightly different note, does anyone else use Spotwalla for tracking?

--- End quote ---
I have used spotwalla on my last 2 big trips, with Bubbler app on the phone...(no SPOT-type sattelite device) ...Just gotta remember to turn on the Bubbler app every day, or nothing gets recorded!  Works good.  There is some tracking software on my new BMW Navigator V that I need to figure out that apparently does the same sort of thing. 

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version