Thread Archive > STAR 2018

Hotel rooms as of 3/11/18

(1/6) > >>

Patmo:

ATTENTION:

I registered for STAR yesterday Saturday the 10th and called  to reserve my room at the Radisson today Sunday the 11th.  I was informed that ALL of the double queen rooms were filled and they only had single king rooms still available.  Not just our block, but in the whole hotel.  I will call back tomorrow, Monday, and try to verify this with regular front desk staff.  If I find out anything different, I will post the correction.

BUT........

I called the overflow hotel...the Holiday Inn, downtown and reserved a double queen at the same price as what was at the Radisson.  I was informed that after I reserved my room they had MANY LEFT.  The phone number for the Holiday Inn is 608-784-4444.

Pat M

Brick:
How interesting I just now 5:00pm Sunday 3/11/18 called the Hiliday Inn to get a double queen. The person I spoke with said he had something like 50 rooms left. He also said that whoever called before didn’t speak with him and he was the one that we needed to speak with. Hmmm sorry I didn’t get his name.

BTW: I haven’t registered for STAR yet and didn’t have a STAR registration number to give him. Is that the way it’s supposed to work? Do we have to register for STAR first before we can get a room.

Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patmo:
Not at the Holiday Inn....just have to call them and ask for the MSTA block.

When you register for STAR, the confirmation email has a direct link to the Radisson site.  Has a promo code (STAR18) that automatically comes up for the dates and gives you the special price of 115.00. But when I did that the only rooms that came up were single king rooms.  That’s when I called them to verify.

Brick:

--- Quote from: Patmo on March 11, 2018, 05:54:52 PM ---Not at the Holiday Inn....just have to call them and ask for the MSTA block.

When you register for STAR, the confirmation email has a direct link to the Radisson site.  Has a promo code (STAR18) that automatically comes up for the dates and gives you the special price of 115.00. But when I did that the only rooms that came up were single king rooms.  That’s when I called them to verify.

--- End quote ---

I understand. Thanks for the clarification!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ride4MS:
From a Dec. 14 posting.

If doing hotel reservations on line, and plan to stay extra days, you will find a glitch, and it will not take it.  I called the hotel and Debbie found the problem and was very helpful.  The rate goes back up after June 13, so the system will not take it.  She entered it manually for the days through June 13, at $115.00, then manually entered the next two days, but at a different rate.  If you qualify for any of the discounts, that can apply.  Mine was Retired Military and was only $8.00 per night more than the STAR18 rate.  STAR18 is getting a better rate than any possible normal discounts.  The MSTA Negotiators did a great job.

If doing hotel reservations on line, and plan to stay extra days, you will find a glitch, and it will not take it.  I called the hotel and Debbie found the problem and was very helpful.  The rate goes back up after June 13, so the system will not take it.  She entered it manually for the days through June 13, at $115.00, then manually entered the next two days, but at a different rate.  If you qualify for any of the discounts, that can apply.  Mine was Retired Military and was only $8.00 per night more than the STAR18 rate.  STAR18 is getting a better rate than any possible normal discounts.  The MSTA Negotiators did a great job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version