Flea Market > Wanted

Starter bike for my 20 year old daughter

<< < (5/6) > >>

Patmo:

--- Quote from: stevegrab on March 26, 2018, 05:05:48 PM ---

Must be so cool to share this passion with your kids.

--- End quote ---

It's a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because it's something you can share, but it's a curse because it leads to never ending worry.  Used to be that I was always looking in my rearview mirrors to make sure he made it through the curves with no problem.  Now I am always looking ahead and hoping that he will wait for me, or worrying that I am holding him up.  :)

RichGrab:

--- Quote from: Patmo on March 27, 2018, 07:05:24 AM ---

--- End quote ---

It's a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because it's something you can share, but it's a curse because it leads to never ending worry.  Used to be that I was always looking in my rearview mirrors to make sure he made it through the curves with no problem.  Now I am always looking ahead and hoping that he will wait for me, or worrying that I am holding him up.  :)

--- End quote ---
Wow, very good words Pat. But let me assure you, it's also a curse when riding with siblings (I've done so with 3 of my 6). That looking in the mirrors thing is so right on, and the worst part is the time I looked in the mirrors and the brother wasn't there. Stomach in throat, yes he crashed. But the adventures continued.

Brick:
Some great stuff posted here... I remember the many days when Teresa used to ride on the back of my CB900F. We would go up to Delphos to visit Grandma. At a stop her helmet would clunk into mine. I knew she had again fallen asleep. ❤️ I loved those rides and the time we spent together. She is now 40, married and living in San Francisco. I look fondly on those days gone... enjoy your time! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevegrab:

--- Quote from: RichGrab on March 27, 2018, 12:47:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Patmo on March 27, 2018, 07:05:24 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Wow, very good words Pat. But let me assure you, it's also a curse when riding with siblings (I've done so with 3 of my 6). That looking in the mirrors thing is so right on, and the worst part is the time I looked in the mirrors and the brother wasn't there. Stomach in throat, yes he crashed. But the adventures continued.

--- End quote ---
For those wondering, no it wasn't me :)

Most of the people I ride/travel with regularly are as close to me as my brothers, I'd do anything for them.

doug mcpeek:

--- Quote from: stevegrab on March 26, 2018, 05:05:48 PM ---Hopefully she won't pick up bad habits from pops ;)

--- End quote ---

Like slowing down to check out the car you're passing, or leaving your turn signal on for miles?  Or did you have cigars and Keystone Light in mind?  ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version