Thread Archive > STAR 2018

STAR Attendance - 2012 - 2018

<< < (2/3) > >>

DirtFlier:
[...I can only imagine what would be said if the MSTA or COG set up a National event in Des Moines IA...FartyMarty"]

The BMW clubs (MOA & RA) don't pick sites because they are near challenging roads.  Most of the attendees camp onsite and often times never leave during the event because everything is provided on the grounds: food, entertainment, vendors, etc.  This is the European style of motorcycle rallies and it works for them.   

Patmo:
Yeah....I recall that one year their national was in Lima, Ohio.....the only curves in that area are on the entrance ramps to I-75...:)

fartymarty:

--- Quote from: DirtFlier on July 15, 2018, 05:49:58 AM ---[...I can only imagine what would be said if the MSTA or COG set up a National event in Des Moines IA...FartyMarty"]

The BMW clubs (MOA & RA) don't pick sites because they are near challenging roads.  Most of the attendees camp onsite and often times never leave during the event because everything is provided on the grounds: food, entertainment, vendors, etc.  This is the European style of motorcycle rallies and it works for them.

--- End quote ---

Well that's good to know, thanks D'Flier, I had no idea that's the way they rolled. (or don't roll as the case may be. ;))
        ...as for it working for them...doesn't seem to percentage wise. *
The few times I've ridden with BMW folks THEY RODE!.. and they RODE FAST & CURVY!.... seems somewhat inconsistent (or incongruous?...whatever) with their rally.

Makes me think about us a bit. In addition to the STAR attendees survey, perhaps we should also ask those that didn't attend this year's rally: "why?" After you get past the personal problem answers (Couldn't get off from work, health issues, conflict with family event, etc) there might be some insight to be gained?

Regardless, it's refreshing to see so much discussion here on the forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*edit: Well several days later it seems the BMW MOA estimates were a little low, according to Voni Glaves the count was 4580! Someone commented that it was low.  :o
    Link

HawkGTRider:
Yes, it would be interesting to know WHY people didn't attend. We can work our behinds off to improve certain issues, but if we're missing something big, it could all be for naught.

Brick:
I remember from years ago that there were obviously many members who never attended any event but maintained a membership. I still don’t understand that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version