Events > Regional Rallies

Just for Fun Event

(1/4) > >>

dpippin:
Subject: 2014 Fools Run Ride-Reservation and detail information

2014 Fools Run, April 3-6, @ Cherohala Mountain Trails Campground, 132 Reliance Road, Tellico Plains, TN, 37385 To reserve a cabin phone 423-253-6061 and request a cabin held for MSTA. There are 7 cabins and are $50 plus tax per night, and $10 per person tent camping. Cabins include 2 single beds, A/C, electricity, clean sheets, blankets; for tent and cabin campers-towels and wash cloths are provided. Very clean heated bathrooms and showers, a large fire pit, covered pavilion, free coffee and pastries, hot breakfast-1mile away, Tellico Plains 5 miles away for BBQ/Mexican Dinners. wyldgames.com/camp/

Dual Sport riding begins 2.4 miles from camp. GPS routes/tracks available upon request.

Some of us will arrive Thursday, then ride Friday and Saturday.

This ride is rain or shine!

Come join the DS fun!

PYG RYDR:
Alright everyone!

Spring is here and we are 2 weeks away from 2014 Fools Run Ride!

The long range weather forecast is favorable: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/tellico-plains-tn/37385/march-weather/2125066

GPS-and for those of trying to learn BaseCamp, Doug Pippin has offered to share information about how to navigate BaseCamp.  He is bringing his computer and will share some pointers for us beginners.  This will probably be in the evening one night.

As mentioned previously, I will be riding to Tellico Plains from Virginia, Thursday, April 3 and stopping at Ridgewood BBQ for lunch in Bluff City, TN. 
Let me know if you want to join me.

See you soon!

Galen

PYG RYDR:
Hello!

I just learned that someone has a change in plans and is not coming to 2014 Fools Run Ride.

Therefore there is cabin space available.

Contact me if you are interested in sharing a cabin.

Regards,

Galen

HawkGTRider:

--- Quote from: PYG RYDR on March 21, 2014, 12:59:36 PM ---Alright everyone!

The long range weather forecast is favorable: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/tellico-plains-tn/37385/march-weather/2125066

GPS-and for those of trying to learn BaseCamp, Doug Pippin has offered to share information about how to navigate BaseCamp.  He is bringing his computer and will share some pointers for us beginners.  This will probably be in the evening one night.

As mentioned previously, I will be riding to Tellico Plains from Virginia, Thursday, April 3 and stopping at Ridgewood BBQ for lunch in Bluff City, TN. 

See you soon!

Galen

--- End quote ---

Galen,
What time do you anticipate being at Ridgewood? I've been hearing about the place and want to try it. Trying it with friends is even better.
FYI...there's a fairly new BBQ place in Tellico Plains, too, called Krambonz BBQ. It won't have the hype of Ridgewood, but my first trip there has me wanting to go back a second time. The food was priced fairly, it was good, and there was plenty of it.

Geoffrey Greene

PYG RYDR:

--- Quote from: HawkGTRider on March 25, 2014, 09:11:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: PYG RYDR on March 21, 2014, 12:59:36 PM ---Alright everyone!

See you soon!

Galen

--- End quote ---

Galen,
What time do you anticipate being at Ridgewood? I've been hearing about the place and want to try it. Trying it with friends is even better.
FYI...there's a fairly new BBQ place in Tellico Plains, too, called Krambonz BBQ. It won't have the hype of Ridgewood, but my first trip there has me wanting to go back a second time. The food was priced fairly, it was good, and there was plenty of it.

Geoffrey Greene

--- End quote ---

Geoffrey,

For Ridgewood-12:30 pm on Thursday.  Yeah, I have heard good things about this place!

And I plan to sample some Q at Krambonz during the weekend also.

Hope to see you Ridgewood!  And maybe we can share the road toward Tellico!

Galen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version