Ride Reports > MSTA Sanctioned Event Reports

Fall Colors 2017

<< < (2/3) > >>

stevegrab:
Thanks Syd looking forward to another one.

bcd:
Thanks, Syd. I can't wait.

Food & Friends was so good that I took Kris there a month later when we passed through the area. She was equally impressed.

touringman:
Hello everyone, Fall Colors will be here before you know it, and registrations seem to be lagging a bit. Maybe I need to wake up , and start stirring things up a little!The official dates for the Ride are Sept. 29th through October 1st. Our early bird special dinner will be at Food and Friends on Thursday the 28th. I would really appreciate it if those who are pretty sure they are coming would go on and register. It helps me a lot to have an idea of how many to plan for. I have to make reservations for a pretty accurate estimation of attendees for the "Early Bird" dinner at Food and Friends for one thing. You will experience a true culinary delight at Food and Friends, and we will be in our own section together. Coming early assures you of having a couple of days to sample the tempting routes. A lot of events are Saturday, and done. Come early-stay late, and enjoy yourself a little longer. The room rate remains the same. Your registrations include a $10 gift certificate to the excellent Ruby Tuesday. There isn't a better value in a rally anywhere! Who knows, we may be paying you to attend some time in the future?! The web site is msta-se.com/fcr. You'll find access to online registration there, as well as a link to print out a form to mail. Pre registration, and the low price ends September the 8th. You can beat that by a mile, and help me out, if you'd go on and register now. The hotel room can be cancelled by 6pm on the date of arrival. Come on down, and enjoy the roads of West Virginia and Virginia with us! Oh, and by the way, I've put in a special order for great weather! Syd :trink39:

DirtFlier:
A few years back during a previous STAR, I rode to the top of Bald Knob on the Cass Railroad and it seems as if the entire train was reserved for us.  It was our Tuesday Lunch Ride and was great fun. 

This year at Fall Colors, Deb & I are taking the ride up Bald Knob on Friday, Sept 29, in case anyone wants to join us.  They have one run that leaves at 9 AM and another that leaves at 11:45 AM, we're on the latter, with the total time for up/down being 4-1/2 hours but they have to stop for the locomotive to take on water partway way up/down so the actual time the train is moving is closer to 3 or 3-1/2 hours. The Bald Knob run includes a "hobo lunch" which I presume is eaten at the top. 

You can get reservations at the Cass Railroad website or maybe buy them onsite that day but I wouldn't rely on that method because you might be disappointed. 

And if you haven't visited the Greenbank Telescope facility, it's well worth the stop...just leave your microwave ovens at home!  Two more reasons to attend Fall Colors! 

wardie:
Syd I registered through the Paypal guest portal. Please let me know if you received the Paypal confirmation. Larry Ward

Dirtflier I'm checking with riding buddy Nate Davis to see if he wants to ride the Cass mountain Railroad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version