Thread Archive > STAR 2020

STAR 2020....CANCELLED

<< < (2/2)

DRB:
Pat,
Thank you for the notice.  I know this was not an easy decision but I think you made the right call.
Rick B. :(

stevegrab:
Thanks for the heads up Pat, I has just heard about it from my brother who saw it on Facebook. We were making our plans, guess I can scrap that for now.

I did have my concerns about this size (even at 250-300) gathering, with even one event all together (the banquet) let alone other meetings, and a potential large room with 75-100 at a time having breakfast every morning. If more things could be done outside, that would certainly make things easier. (We are re-opening our church this weekend, with services in our outdoor pavilion, much safer than inside the building.)

I am hoping none of the other regional events are in jeopardy and will look forward to attending Mail Pouch Fly By and Fall Color Ride, maybe something else too.

Heck I don't think we'll be returning to our office this year, and it sounds like long term we will change to a mostly work from home operation (saves the company money).

09FJRrider:
Sad to hear.  Tough decision by the EC.
Thank you for the well written explanation.

Seems like the right thing to do this wacky 2020.
Hopefully next year will be even better!

STLTHMSTA:
Well, this sucks but not totally out of the blue. It's a difficult thing to do but we are not alone in the situation. Many, many MANY thanks to those that put out the effort to start with to get STAR organized. This puts our attention to NEXT year wherever the secret location may be and maybe we can attend some of the regional events to salvage the riding year. Damn I miss everybody!!

For another group I belong to, they had to cancel for the same reasons but moved the date to 2022 for the same location, same Bat time, same Bat channel since 2021 was already in the works and booked. So maybe we can do the same or something similar. Then that jerk that likes to argue wether we are east or west of the previous location can get his panties in a knot all over again!!  :^)  What fun!  Flame on.     TM

Brick:

--- Quote from: STLTHMSTA on June 24, 2020, 11:51:52 AM ---Well, this sucks but not totally out of the blue. It's a difficult thing to do but we are not alone in the situation. Many, many MANY thanks to those that put out the effort to start with to get STAR organized. This puts our attention to NEXT year wherever the secret location may be and maybe we can attend some of the regional events to salvage the riding year. Damn I miss everybody!!

For another group I belong to, they had to cancel for the same reasons but moved the date to 2022 for the same location, same Bat time, same Bat channel since 2021 was already in the works and booked. So maybe we can do the same or something similar. Then that jerk that likes to argue wether we are east or west of the previous location can get his panties in a knot all over again!!  :^)  What fun!  Flame on.     TM

--- End quote ---
Awww I miss you too Tom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version