Main Forums > The Garage

Restoration and Customization Project

(1/3) > >>

TN2Wheeler:
Started here in November:

Ended (sort of...) here in March:

Project BLOG is HERE

VersysRider:
Have you had a chance to put it through it's paces? How's it ride?

Patmo:
That came out VERY NICE!   :)

TN2Wheeler:

--- Quote from: VersysRider on March 12, 2014, 04:41:54 PM ---Have you had a chance to put it through it's paces? How's it ride?

--- End quote ---

I've ridden it about 500 miles. It does reasonably well for a 500cc with a single disk brake. The fork brace and fresh tires made a huge difference in the handling but It's certainly not in the same league as a modern bike and it looks a lot faster than it actually is. But that's okay, it's responsive and fun. I knew from the outset it wouldn't perform like a modern bike and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out aesthetically. It's definitely a conversation starter. Seems a lot of people had a CX or GL 500/650 back in the day and they all want to talk.

DirtFlier:

Jim,

I rode several CX500s extensively in 1980-81 when I worked at the Mother Ship in CA.  It had the most "squishy" suspension of all the Honda street bikes so I can fully appreciate the need for a fork brace.  I can't recall all details but it seems that it had smaller diameter fork tubes than the CB750?   
Anyhow, I loved the large fuel tank and flat, broad seat on long trips.  Nice work on the restoration and redo into a cafe racer!   

Tosh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version