Thread Archive > STAR 2015

Dual Sport at STAR 2015

(1/4) > >>

Brick:
While I checked the box that said I'm interested in Dual Sport at STAR 2015 it's really more like Adventure ds riding that I'm interested in. Will any of the routes be ones that an old guy on a big ass heavy Adventure bike could ride?

HawkGTRider:
I find the idea of really gnarly off-road riding to not suit my taste. I with Brick...even on my F650GS, a bike much lighter than a Tenere, I'd be more interested in "adventure" riding.

PYG RYDR:

--- Quote from: Brick on December 16, 2014, 12:07:17 PM ---While I checked the box that said I'm interested in Dual Sport at STAR 2015 it's really more like Adventure ds riding that I'm interested in. Will any of the routes be ones that an old guy on a big ass heavy Adventure bike could ride?
--- End quote ---

Brick,

The Trans America Trail http://www.transamtrail.com/the-trans-am-trail/ runs from Tellico, TN west to Oregon and passes ~40 miles south of Springdale; so you might consider trying the TAT adventure on your way to STAR 2015.

Galen

Brick:
Galen,
I thought when you guys did the TAT you did it on smaller lighter bikes than a Tenere. I suppose I could look at a portion of the TAT that might be close to STAR. Hmmm... perhaps you could take a few of us much less experienced D/S...Adventure riders on a section of the TAT out there?
Basically I started this thread to see if the STAR organizers had any Adventure routes planned.

--- Quote from: PYG RYDR on December 21, 2014, 07:07:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: Brick on December 16, 2014, 12:07:17 PM ---While I checked the box that said I'm interested in Dual Sport at STAR 2015 it's really more like Adventure ds riding that I'm interested in. Will any of the routes be ones that an old guy on a big ass heavy Adventure bike could ride?
--- End quote ---

Brick,

The Trans America Trail http://www.transamtrail.com/the-trans-am-trail/ runs from Tellico, TN west to Oregon and passes ~40 miles south of Springdale; so you might consider trying the TAT adventure on your way to STAR 2015.

Galen

--- End quote ---

PYG RYDR:
Brick,

Yes we rode smaller bikes-biggest 650, but many TAT eastern sections of TN, MS and AR are gravel and paved roads, and big bike friendly.  You have to be very, very careful though on water crossings-because many have that green algae slime that can put you on the ground!  And there is a sand section in eastern AR, I recommend riding around.  But otherwise, it would be big fun!

And yes I knew you were soliciting adventure ride info from the STAR hosts.  I am confident that there are gravel roads close to Springdale.  We especially enjoyed riding through the Arkansas forest southeast of Springdale.

Galen

--- Quote from: Brick on December 21, 2014, 07:15:03 AM ---
Galen,
I thought when you guys did the TAT you did it on smaller lighter bikes than a Tenere. I suppose I could look at a portion of the TAT that might be close to STAR. Hmmm... perhaps you could take a few of us much less experienced D/S...Adventure riders on a section of the TAT out there?
Basically I started this thread to see if the STAR organizers had any Adventure routes planned.

--- Quote from: PYG RYDR on December 21, 2014, 07:07:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: Brick on December 16, 2014, 12:07:17 PM ---
While I checked the box that said I'm interested in Dual Sport at STAR 2015 it's really more like Adventure ds riding that I'm interested in. Will any of the routes be ones that an old guy on a big ass heavy Adventure bike could ride?
--- End quote ---

Brick,

Galen
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version