Main Forums > General Discussion

Did a thing today....

<< < (2/7) > >>

HawkGTRider:
A different thing....

Just curious what folks do for riding during the winter. Here in Tennessee we're almost exactly centered between Lake City, Florida and Cleveland, OH as examples of south and north. I know riders in the north have a tough time getting out for a ride while the folks in the south probably LOVE this time of year. In TN we have days that are a good excuse to have a, gulp, car, and other days that almost demand getting the scooter out. Today I had lunch 25 miles away with my sisters, and with temps near 40 and sunny skies, I HAD to ride. The low temps tomorrow and Monday nights are predicted to be in the single digits with possible snow on Tuesday...I'll likely be leaving the bikes alone in the garage.

I've managed to squeeze in about 800 miles so far this month and will rack up a few more tomorrow before the cold front arrives.
How about you?

Patmo:
The 1st week of January was good for riding in southern Ohio/Northern Kentucky.  But we’ve had several rounds of snow and cold since then.  I put one bike in the basement and did overdue and needed maintenance.  I’ve spent the last 3 days working on a local indoor motorcycle show.  One Saturday with the MSTA breakfast.  Next month is looking like it’s gojng to start out cold and snowy, but hope that by mid-Feb the weather might give us a break.

NinjaBob:
We've had only a few really cold days down here in the deep south but also lots of rain. I have a tad over 1000 miles for January. Track day tomorrow will be in the 50s.

Condor:
What's this talk of riding in the winter? My bikes have been garaged since October and we have 6 inches of snow on the ground and getting 7 to 14 tomorrow. Temperature is nice though, it's +3 now and only going down to -10 tonight. I'm going to need different tires if I try to ride now. :helpme:

HawkGTRider:
Ron,

You live in "southern" Wisconsin don't you?

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version