Author Topic: New member in Clarksville Arkansas  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Crampfan

• MSTA Member
New member in Clarksville Arkansas
« on: February 01, 2024, 01:57:29 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a long-time rider, mostly touring on Big Harleys for the last 50 years. I got into Sport touring about 5 years ago when I bought a Motus, then an FJR a couple of years later. I own a few vintage Euro bikes and do day rides on whatever I can get started. I am hoping to meet you folks out and about and hope to make quite a few rallies this season. Motorcycles are my passion, ride safe.

Offline Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
Re: New member in Clarksville Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 04:47:57 PM »
Welcome. You are in the heart of one of the best riding areas anywhere. Hope to see you at a MSTA rally.

Fred Z.

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 05:42:54 PM »
Welcome. Quite a stable you have there. You're in good company as many are motonuts. Thee's a few events in your area you need to check out. The locals will welcome you too.   TM

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 762166
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 05:54:44 PM »
Welcome aboard!
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha Tracer 9GT

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 06:30:47 PM »
Welcome from northern Kentucky.
not all that wander are lost

Offline brider

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Versys 1000
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 12:34:04 PM »
Welcome from Ohio.  Put the Fly by week on your calendar.  You will be glad you did.
2016 Versys 1000 LT
2020 Versys 300X
19753Trail 90

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 12:25:15 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a long-time rider, mostly touring on Big Harleys for the last 50 years. I got into Sport touring about 5 years ago when I bought a Motus, then an FJR a couple of years later. I own a few vintage Euro bikes and do day rides on whatever I can get started. I am hoping to meet you folks out and about and hope to make quite a few rallies this season. Motorcycles are my passion, ride safe.

Wecome from eastern Tennessee.
I attended one of our rallies where a Motus dealer was offering test rides. I didn't buy one, but I still found it to be a very interesting ride!
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Ride4MS

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 10:16:56 PM »
WOW! I did not know Motus was back in business building bikes. I first heard about them about 2016. About a year later, Denise and I and our two sons had gone to Rd Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans Race. One of our sons and I worked as Officials for the MX-5 Cup race. We took a few extra days and went to Birmingham to tour the factory, and the Barber Museum. It was amazing to see the factory and the Tour Guide, who was not just your average worker. I had called a few days earlier. When he knew why we were in that part of the country and our background, he gave us a very in depth tour and history. I did not get to test ride one that day, but we did watch one go through a few runs on the dyno.

Then in 2018, per Wikipedia, is when they shut down. I felt sad. The dealers in MN also stopped selling the Motus.

Now I read this about someone with a Motus and decided to search and found out that they are back in business in Massachusetts.
For those that don't know, the V-4 engine is half of a GM V-8 designed and built by Pratt & Miller. Awesome exhaust sound.

I did not look, but there were a lot of videos on YouTube with the Motus.

I am glad that the Motus is back on the road as a cycle.

Happy motoring with the Motus and your other bikes.
Carl Wieman, 2016-2022 MSTA Dan Clark Safety Program Coordinator,    2022 Vanderhall Venice, 1986 Honda Gold Wing Interstate 
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor