Ride Reports > Just For Fun Ride Reports

14th year Keith Huckabey Memorial Ride

<< < (3/3)

Brick:
It's also the same weekend at my Big Lynn Lodge event. I had no idea 4 years ago I was putting my event on the same dates.

Let's Ride!
Brick

Patmo:
There are a bunch of really good roads running south and west from that town,  with the added attraction of being close to Nashville/Franklin.  I'm going to put this on the schedule for next year and hopefully I'll make it.

HawkGTRider:

--- Quote from: Brick on August 04, 2016, 09:44:43 PM ---It's also the same weekend at my Big Lynn Lodge event. I had no idea 4 years ago I was putting my event on the same dates.

Let's Ride!
Brick

--- End quote ---

It seems to get more and more difficult to avoid any conflicts with existing events, even within our "little" club. You just have to pick a date and go with it.

stevegrab:

--- Quote from: HawkGTRider on August 05, 2016, 12:44:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Brick on August 04, 2016, 09:44:43 PM ---It's also the same weekend at my Big Lynn Lodge event. I had no idea 4 years ago I was putting my event on the same dates.

Let's Ride!
Brick

--- End quote ---

It seems to get more and more difficult to avoid any conflicts with existing events, even within our "little" club. You just have to pick a date and go with it.

--- End quote ---
So true especially with many smaller events like the JFFs or some group doing something that isn't even publicized regularly. I've seen some of the post and discussions on the forum of the Keith Huckabee memorial rides in the past (mostly Tom and Denise), but nothing elsewhere. And I wonder if many people go or consider going who didn't really know him. (I didn't and that combined with the distance means its not on my radar.)

Tom S:
Thanks, Geoffrey and Pat.

Steve, as one would expect, through the years fewer and fewer riders actually knew Keith.  They just come along to enjoy the roads.  This year it was probably 70% that knew him and 30% that didn't.  I'm sure 50/50 is not far off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version