Ride Reports > Just For Fun Ride Reports

Slaying The Dragon With an Old Friend

<< < (2/3) > >>

TK:
Nice video and read. Thanks for sharing!

Brick:
Wow, that was excellent!
However I think that if I were scraping that much I would work on my suspension before I got tossed in the weeds. At least crank on some more preload. Just my $.02 worth. YMMV
You should do more video... you are good!

Brick

OldButNotDead:

--- Quote from: Brick on March 14, 2014, 10:55:10 PM ---Wow, that was excellent!
However I think that if I were scraping that much I would work on my suspension before I got tossed in the weeds. At least crank on some more preload. Just my $.02 worth. YMMV

Brick

--- End quote ---
Excellent point Brick.

kaosbandit:

--- Quote from: OldButNotDead on March 15, 2014, 08:42:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Brick on March 14, 2014, 10:55:10 PM ---Wow, that was excellent!

Brick

--- End quote ---
Excellent point Brick.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

My buddy hasn't had that strom very long and he is still getting it sorted to his liking. He has mentioned a stiffer spring and I have a feeling he will be removing the center stand. That's what keeps touching down.

OldButNotDead:
Adam,
 Although I have ridden with more Wee Strom riders than its big brother, I had always thought under normal conditions it had LOTS of clearance.  I had an 06 FJR, which I think you are very familiar with, which I would occasionally scrape pegs on.  A lot more than I thought it should.  I weigh 240lbs nekked, and would always put way more than I needed in my bags.  I spent about $280 on a set up HyperPro springs, front and rear.  Best bang for the money I ever spent.  Spring compression in twisties was drastically reduced and scraping just about eliminated.  I would highly recommend that your friend look into a set.
Rod

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version