Author Topic: Motocamping with a Guy I Met on the Internet  (Read 8218 times)

kaosbandit

Motocamping with a Guy I Met on the Internet
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »

You ever just set out on a motocamping trip with somebody you never met before? I have! It worked out pretty good. Check it out.

http://www.spiritstrike.com/blog/2014/7/2/motocamping-with-a-guy-i-met-on-the-internet

Offline Downs

• Forum Member
Re: Motocamping with a Guy I Met on the Internet
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »
Nice report.  It works out most times especially with motorcyclist.  We tend to be a friendly easy going bunch. There are exceptions of course. Two of my best riding buddie's ever I met on advrider.

Sent from my iPhone

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Re: Motocamping with a Guy I Met on the Internet
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
My $.02 worth...It's a lot easier to adjust to another person for a single night than it is on a long trip. It's pretty easy to adjust to someone's quirks for a single night. But if you're sharing a month or more together on a long trip, I think you'd want to know a little more about each other's traveling style.

I've had both good and less good experiences with folks I didn't know prior to leaving on a trip. Every single one of them was a fine fellow. However, our traveling styles didn't always mesh well.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.