Regional Forums > Kentucky

The Country Stores of KY

(1/4) > >>

Rayk86ss:
Most states have a bike magnet country store or two.  In Missouri we always seemed to wind up at the Bixby store.  Californians have the Rock store.  I discovered the Butler Market a couple of days ago and had an excellent burger there.  Kentucky seems to be blessed with more of these old stores than most states.  In addition to Butler, we have the Lenoxburg store, Big 4 store in Stephens, and of course Rabbit Hash.  Please add your favorite motorcycle destination country store to this thread. 

Patmo:
The Augusta General Store is really more of a restaurant than it is a store, and is a very good restaurant.  Sits almost exactly where the Ferry from Ohio comes in, and is a favorite lunch stop for many people.

HawkGTRider:
The Oark General Store/Cafe in Oark, AR.

Patmo:
If we're going out of KY, then we have to include the original Mast General Store in NC.

Another one  in KY is Penn’s Store in Gravel Switch, KY.  What makes this one really special is that it is the oldest one-family continually owned store in the US.  The Out House races also make it a special kind of place.  LOL

Rayk86ss:
Not far from KY is Stephenson's General Store in Leavenworth, IN.  I had been there several times before I noticed that they had a bunch of hardware and stuff downstairs. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version