Author Topic: Red River Gorge Rally 2022  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Patmo

Red River Gorge Rally 2022
« on: November 19, 2021, 06:56:39 PM »
The 2022 edition of the RRGR will take place over the dates of August 11-14, 2022.

Event Details

The 2022 Kentucky MSTA Rally will be held at the Ramada Inn, Mount Sterling Kentucky on the dates of August 11-14, 2022..  An MSTA Just for Fun rally that is open to all motorcycle riders, regardless of club affiliation.  There is NO RALLY FEE for this event, however we will be collecting donations for the Dan Clark Safety Fund  (suggested donation of $10, all donations will go to the fund, so please give what you can) at the rally.

Custom suggested routes will be available for download to GPS devices.  The location was chosen to take advange of the abundance of twisty and scenic roads that are found in the eastern part of the state. 

Again this year....Adventure Routes in the Red River Gorge area.  Kindly provided by Drew Faulkner and used for the annual Red River Scramble event held in September, you can find GPX/Rever adventure routes at

Adventure Routes | Red River Scramble.     https://redriverscramble.com/adventureroutes/

The host hotel...the Ramada Inn....has given us a group rate of 84.59 + tax for the nights of August 11-13.  They are holding 25 rooms, under the MSTA name, until the date of August 1st.  At that time any unreserved rooms will go back to the general public.  You must call the hotel yourself and reserve your room.  The number for the hotel is 859-497-9400.  Ask for a room in the MSTA block.  The contact person is Heather. There is also a Comfort inn next door, along with several other hotels within a short distance.

There is a Cattleman's Steak House next to the Comfort Inn, a Cracker Barrel across the access road from the hotel, and a Shell gas station at the main road entrance.

On site registration hours will be Thursday from 5-6 pm, Friday from 7-8 am and 5-6 pm, and Saturday from 7-8 am.  If you cannot make these times, please contact me for other arangements. 

If you have any questions:  Call Patrick Mogavero @ 859-620-6352 or Email me at kyzrex@aol.com.

Registration opens on January 1, 2022

https://reg.planetreg.com/httpsreg.planetReg.comRRGR2022
not all that wander are lost

Offline Patmo

Re: Red River Gorge Rally 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 10:29:01 AM »
Registration is now OPEN!

Offline Rayk86ss

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 03:34:24 PM »
We are registered!  I feel warm now just thinking about August in KY. 

Offline Marietta

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 11:34:41 AM »
Hopefully the Red River Gorge folks are reconsidering this fun run. From a practical sense the washed out roads and missing bridges in that area would hinder riding. And from a moral sense it seems unthoughtful to be using resources that those poor people need right now. It may be a long time before the area is ready to host people just out to have fun.

Offline Patmo

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 12:18:49 PM »
Hopefully the Red River Gorge folks are reconsidering this fun run. From a practical sense the washed out roads and missing bridges in that area would hinder riding. And from a moral sense it seems unthoughtful to be using resources that those poor people need right now. It may be a long time before the area is ready to host people just out to have fun.

While I appreciate the concern that many have for the unfortunate victims of this catastrophe, it’s also important that people realize that the vast majority of the state was not effected.  This is a state with 4.5 million square miles of area and over 160 different counties.  Only about a dozen counties were effected at all, and none of them were completely damaged. 

In the areas surrounding the flooded counties, there are car shows, cruise ins, dinners, and events of all types being staged as a way to raise money for flood victims. They are asking people to come and to donate money.  This is just one more thing along that line that is happening, and will continue to happen, throughout the state in an effort to raise money for fellow Kentuckians.

We will not be riding in the flooded/damaged areas. We will not be hindered by washed out or closed roads. There are no missing bridges in the areas we will be riding. Our routes go through none of the counties that were flooded or damaged.

If anything, we need MORE people to come and visit the state and spend their tourist money.  Tourism is a HUGE part of the Kentucky economy, especially in the EASTERN part of the state. We will not only be spending tourism money, we will also be taking donations for the flood relief fund that the state has put together.  Please come, spend your money, and donate to the collection I will be taking.  ALL money collected will go to the fund.

OP is way off base.

Offline Patmo

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 12:25:22 PM »
Just one example of events happening….and this one is IN Whitesburg, one of the hardest hit cities.

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 05:58:27 PM »
I was just about to ask about this very situation and it breaks my heart to see what happened to so many. The OP feelings are exactly my thoughts too, so please don't chastise. However, how you explain it makes it a different story. I'm unable to attend the whole weekend but I will see you there Saturday some time with my $100 bill in one hand and the throttle in the other!     TM

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 08:57:32 PM »
I'm alright with some part of our "donation" in lieu of registration going to the Dan Clark Fund (as I think was originally planned), but it would also be ok if 100% of the donations went to support the flood victims. It's really sad when people who are already barely getting by in some already terrible conditions lose their home and personal worldly goods to a flood. If we had more members in California, we would probably already have had this conversation regarding the many people who have lost their homes in those huge forest fires out there as well.

Some of our regional events have focused their fund raising on local charitable efforts rather than our "official" club charities for many years. This is not a new thing.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline HawkGTRider

• Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 09:00:52 PM »
On a different note, I reserved a room with 2 beds, but right now it's just me. If anyone wants to split the cost of a room, ping me. I'm planning on arriving Thursday evening with a checkout Sunday morning. Two full days of spending money on food, gas, lodging, etc., will be part of my contribution to the local economy.

Thanks.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Patmo

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 05:51:26 AM »
On a different note, I reserved a room with 2 beds, but right now it's just me. If anyone wants to split the cost of a room, ping me. I'm planning on arriving Thursday evening with a checkout Sunday morning. Two full days of spending money on food, gas, lodging, etc., will be part of my contribution to the local economy.

Thanks.

Larry Ward is looking for any empty bed.  If it’s OK with you, I’ll send him your contact info.
PM

Offline normkern

• Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 08:54:19 AM »
Pat,

Saw you posted a link to the ADV routes. Will there be any new or updated road routes or do we just use the ones from last year?

Norm

Offline Patmo

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2022, 10:10:14 AM »
Pat,

Saw you posted a link to the ADV routes. Will there be any new or updated road routes or do we just use the ones from last year?

Norm

Just have the ones from last year. 

Offline normkern

• Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 12:11:31 PM »
Pat,

Norm

Good to go then. Thanks!

Offline Patmo

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2022, 01:41:03 PM »
Pat,

Norm

Good to go then. Thanks!

Actually, I misread your original message.  I do have a couple of older ROAD routes that we can use, and 1 new one that goes north.  I haven’t posted them up, but will have them on my computer at the rally. I think that there are also some in the downloads section of this forum that could be used. 

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 09:52:55 AM »
Enjoy this event guys, and good plan to use money collected and taking donations to help out the flood victims in Eastern KY. When I was reading some of the reports I recognized county/town names that I had ridden thru recently on my return ride from Deal's Gap. Some places were recovering and then had more flooding, just tragic.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650