Author Topic: New member in SW Florida  (Read 8444 times)

PaulM

New member in SW Florida
« on: November 01, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
Been in Florida(North Port), for 12 years, before that it was the Catskill Mountain area of NY, near Woodstock. Oh how I miss the riding in the NE part of this country, Catskills, Poconos, Adirondacks, White Mountains, Green Mountains, but I don't miss cold long winters or the snow!

I've been behind bars for over 55 years, yep I'm an old guy, a very old guy. My thanks to Brick to thank for pointing me in this direction. We met in the parking lot at AIMExpo in 2014 when I caught him admiring my Yamaha Super Tenere. The Super Tenere is gone and a 2015 GSA in inbound. There's also Vespa 300 and an R1200R in my garage. My F800GT is in Heidelberg Germany for summer getaways to the Alps. Life is good when you can live your dream, yes, very good!

I'll keep an eye of the Florida forum and hope to hook up with some other member soon.

Paul Maerz  - aka: roadscum, big blu

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: New member in SW Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »
Paul, Welcome! I saw your post on the Super Tenere' forum that you had gone to the dark side! You should enjoy this group... especially the very active Fla group!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:59:48 PM »
Welcome Paul!

Since I was born and raised in the same area you moved from (born in Cooperstown), I understand you missing the riding in that area, but also understand you NOT missing the long winters or the snow.....I never really cared for skiing.   ;D   But, even though my parents and brother found their way to Florida when they retired, I have no plans to follow them there, except for winter visits that is!

Make sure you hook up with the Florida guys (and gals) for some of their lunch rides.  Good group of people for sure.  Hopefully I'll see you at one of them sometime this winter if I can time a visit right.  Otherwise, maybe at one of the regional events or STAR next summer.  Once again, welcome to the group.

Patrick
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:23:31 PM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
New member in SW Florida
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
Hi Paul - Welcome aboard!
Looking forward to meeting you at an upcoming Florida lunch ride. -JEP-

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ipnman

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW 2019 R1250RT
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
Paul
Welcome we're glad to have you
Very active Florida group

Enjoy,
Dennis
Dennis Villarose
STAR Coordinator
MSTA PR Group

PaulM

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm looking forward to joining some of the other fine Florida folks this Saturday in Everglade City for lunch!

Paul