Author Topic: New member in KC, MO  (Read 9195 times)

Offline ndivita

• Forum Member
New member in KC, MO
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
Hello all.  I have been a FJR 1300 owner for 10 years now.  Following a super-successful hip replacement earlier this year and a year-long interlude where I experimented with Gold Wing ownership, I am now back on a new-in-the-crate 2014 FJR 1300A which I just purchased.  Based in KC, MO, I am interested in journeys to points west on the great open roads in CO, WY, UT, SD, AZ, CA, ID and anywhere else a FJR will go on pavement.  I have plenty of LD riding experience but find myself probably lacking my long time riding partner (older brother) due to his health issues.  Although solo trips are something I have done and will do, I would be lying if I said that it would not be great to join up with like minded sport touring types somewhere out west.  I have little to no experience riding in groups and have mostly wanted it that way.  My wife is encouraging me to do this as she knows I am a loner by nature who would probably benefit from riding with other, similarly situated sport touring riders.  And if that does not work out, then the worst case scenario is that I take off on my new FJR alone for a week.  Seems like a win-win deal to me.  Thanks for any input.

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: New member in KC, MO
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »
Welcome!  The FJR has proven to be a very popular and well represented bike with this group.  You should fit right in.  Many of our members are both solo orientated riders and LD riders.  Our MO is more oriented toward the rider that wants to travel ON their sport/sport touring bike, but we also have members that ride scooters, cruisers, and DS bikes as their primary vehicle of choice.  All are welcome.  Our "rally's" are different than what most people expect from MC events, and our "rides" tend to be small groups of 2-3/3-4 riders that decide to explore curvy roads together for a day, a few days, or a week....you won't find large groups of riders, riding in parade formation, at slow speeds anywhere in our makeup.  Explore our site and especially check out the events close to you. (especially those in Arkansas). Hope to meet and greet you at one of them this year.

Pat M.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:32:45 PM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
Welcome... ndivita! You've got a great bike there and it will take you anywhere you want to go!
There are a number of us in the MSTA who enjoy some distant riding!
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 05:30:08 PM »
Welcome and ditto to what Pat and Brick said!
Come to an event and give special consideration to our National rally "STAR" in Springdale, Arkansas in June 2015.
My wife and I have been members for 10 years and we take all of our trips on two wheels. Here is our photo site: [size=78%]https://www.flickr.com/photos/ridemyst/collections/72157600062628609/[/size]
We are light weights when it comes to some members in this group.
Looking forward to meeting you next year. -JEP-

Offline ipnman

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW 2019 R1250RT
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 11:18:12 AM »
Welcome :)
You will like this group
Please join us next June for STAR 15, and you might win a second 2014 FJR 1300 which is our raffle bike prize
Enjoy and ride safe

Dennis
Dennis Villarose
STAR Coordinator
MSTA PR Group

Offline roginoz

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2005 Honda ST1300
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 11:05:11 PM »
It's a way off, but the KS MSTA group (and some other friends) will be having our first ride-to-eat event of the year in Hutchinson on April 25.  Roy's BBQ, west 5th Ave, 11:00 AM.  I'll be posting something in the just for fun forum a bit later on.  Come join us.
Roger Smith
'05 ST1300
'12 XR1200X
'09 KLR650
'73 CL350

Offline wengland

• Administrator
    • Will England - Photography
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300A
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 11:05:02 PM »
Ditto!  Welcome!  Super-inactive member here, but I hope to make STAR in Arkansas this year.  Get hooked up with the Arkansas mailing list; they have a ton of great events all year long down there.  And be sure to make it to Rogers BBQ!