Author Topic: STAReview Changes  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
STAReview Changes
« on: October 29, 2021, 09:40:39 AM »
There are a couple of changes that the EC would like to inform everyone about.

First, Chris Parker will be taking on the role of Managing Editor in addition to his role as the Layout Manager.  We believe that this will help to streamline the process of putting the magazine together and getting it out on a timely basis.  Nicky Zarras will still be a part of the STAReview as he will now be a contributor of review articles in gear and bikes.

Secondly, we will soon be increasing the frequency of the STAReview to every other month. 6 issues a year!  They will alternate between being printed and digital. Chris is currently working out the schedule to be followed for the process and we will have that out to everyone very soon.

We want to thank Nicky for his contributions as editor over the last many years and look forward to his articles in the future.  We also look forward to having more issues of the STAReview for our membership to enjoy.  You can send any article you want to Chris at anytime.  Email him at Chris@roadwolfdesign.com. 

We really want your articles and pictures, especially those dealing with your LOCAL MSTA ACTIVITIES.  This change will give us an additional 72 pages of content a year and we want to concentrate them on what YOU and your fellow club members are doing locally.

The EC
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 09:04:46 AM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
Re: STAReview Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 04:00:21 PM »
Not to nit pick but a couple typos confused me for a minute.  Nicky will NOW be a contributor, and you can SEND any articles to Chris.  Not being a jerk Pat but I'm trying to help.  A BIG BIG thanks to Nicky for all his past efforts on STAReview. He certainly kept things rolling for the MSTA. And thanks to Chris for taking the job and keeping us moving forward. You Dudes Rock!  TM

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 08:29:22 AM »
Thanks to Nick for all his work!

And Thank You to Chris for stepping up! I also like the idea of LOCAL MSTA activities!
Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 02:52:01 PM »
Thanks for the info Pat. Can you clarify what the current frequency is, is it once a quarter which is 4 per year? Or was it less?  Mostly just curious as to how many more issues per year, and did the number of printed copies per year change.

Thanks to Nicky and Chris for their work on STAReview.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 03:01:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Pat. Can you clarify what the current frequency is, is it once a quarter which is 4 per year? Or was it less?  Mostly just curious as to how many more issues per year, and did the number of printed copies per year change.

It’s has been 4X per year…2 printed and 2 digital only

Will go to

6X per year (every other month) with 3 printed and 3 digital only
not all that wander are lost

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 03:01:56 PM »

It’s has been 4X per year…2 printed and 2 digital only

Will go to

6X per year (every other month) with 3 printed and 3 digital only
Thanks I guess I didn't realize that it was already half printed and half digital, I thought it just switched from all digital to all print.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 05:18:01 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any, but I want to comment on our recent May-June STAReview.
Right off the bat, Chris Parker's "The Write Stuff" was an excellent intro to what's going on in the association.
Next came Pat Mogavero's Nuts, Bolts... article, and I thought it excellent. If you didn't read it, dig your copy back out and do so.
The hits just keep on coming with an great explanation of our raffle prizes thus year. No, it's not a bike, but good stuff none-the-less.
Diane Park's Staying Healthy article is good stuff for not just riding, but life in general.
Tom Batchelor's Safety First has some great tips on watching out for traps.
From The Girl Cave by Helene Villemure is thought provoking...Fit For Purpose.
but wait...there's more....
Many, if not most, of us knew, or knew of, Don Clark. He may not have been a physically big guy  but he had a titan personality. We'll miss him as pointed out in some of the remembrances in this article.
In the perspectives section, there's a reprint of a good article from Blue Ridge Motorcycle Magazine and a fine original article by Jerry James titled "Playing In The Dirt".
Mark Brunk gives us a taste of Missouri and more with his Cape Girardeau route under Favorite Rides.

My helmet is off to Chris Parker and all of the contributors of articles. I'd gotten out of the habit of closely reading the STAReview, but this quality stuff will bring me back!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:19:44 PM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 05:41:03 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any, but I want to comment on our recent May-June STAReview.
Right off the bat, Chris Parker's "The Write Stuff" was an excellent intro to what's going on in the association.
Next came Pat Mogavero's Nuts, Bolts... article, and I thought it excellent. If you didn't read it, dig your copy back out and do so.
The hits just keep on coming with an great explanation of our raffle prizes thus year. No, it's not a bike, but good stuff none-the-less.
Diane Park's Staying Healthy article is good stuff for not just riding, but life in general.
Tom Batchelor's Safety First has some great tips on watching out for traps.
From The Girl Cave by Helene Villemure is thought provoking...Fit For Purpose.
but wait...there's more....
Many, if not most, of us knew, or knew of, Don Clark. He may not have been a physically big guy  but he had a titan personality. We'll miss him as pointed out in some of the remembrances in this article.
In the perspectives section, there's a reprint of a good article from Blue Ridge Motorcycle Magazine and a fine original article by Jerry James titled "Playing In The Dirt".
Mark Brunk gives us a taste of Missouri and more with his Cape Girardeau route under Favorite Rides.

My helmet is off to Chris Parker and all of the contributors of articles. I'd gotten out of the habit of closely reading the STAReview, but this quality stuff will bring me back!
I second this! Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650