Author Topic: What no Tri-Star reports???  (Read 4644 times)

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
What no Tri-Star reports???
« on: June 02, 2022, 06:58:25 AM »
Living vicariously through others, looking for a report from Spata. Didn't anyone have fun???   TM

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Re: What no Tri-Star reports???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 08:09:46 AM »
A small but very enthusiastic group of riders assembled in Sparta, NC for TriSTAR 2022.

I arrived Thursday in somewhat rainy weather along with about a half dozen of us. After carpooling down to the Mexican restaurant at the far end of town, several of us had a fine dinner.
Friday started out a bit damp, but riders kept arriving. By the end of the day, we had 20-24 riders. I rode up to Burke's Garden with 3 others to sample Mattie's Place for a sandwich. It was good. The roads were a bit damp, and we even caught up with a bit of rain late in the day, but it was still fun.
As usual, Saturday, we split up into small groups and everyone was gone from the Alleghany Inn by mid morning. I decided to ride "Jim's Lunch Ride" which turned out to mirror the first part of the Burke's Garden route. But once it split off, it was well worth the duplication. It was a drop dead beautiful day with sunny skies and temps ranging from the 60s up to the low 70s. I'd much rather have these slightly cool temperatures than 90 degrees. About 1/2 of us carpooled out to a BBQ joint on US221...nice.
About 1/2 of the attendees needed to head home on Sunday, but the other half headed out for more fun. I rode out with a couple of other guys for the Indian Valley route. I remember having done this route maybe 15+ years ago, but I have been busy with other things in recent years. It was an absolute hoot to get out and ride curvy roads for 3 consecutive days! We carpooled back to the Mexican restaurant for our "traditional" Sunday night dinner (my 4-wheeler got a workout).
Monday dawned with everyone prepping to head out.

And a good time was had by all.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 08:11:26 AM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 02:36:12 PM »
Working on it for the website, but I’ve also had a lot of STAR stuff to do, so look for it sometime this weekend.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 05:16:19 PM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 05:15:58 PM »
Hey everyone….post your pictures up on the MSTA Smugmug site…….there’s a link for uploading pictures in the Members Only section.
not all that wander are lost

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 04:58:57 PM »
Thank you Geoffrey and Pat. Glad it was a good time had by all. Maybe next year, ;)    TM

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 11:25:04 AM »
I got home late Saturday from a 10 day trip that included Tri-STAR then a few days riding around Deal's Gap area. Then 2 more to get home. The event was fun, glad to see some familiar places and enjoyed having Geoffrey join my brother Richard and I for a ride. It was the first time in a while I did the Indian Valley loop, some parts seemed familiar others seemed totally different. Also had a fun loop ride to Burke's Garden, had not been there in some time and never did a full loop around the inside. Wasn't sure about the sandwich places everybody talked about, looked really crowded so we ended up at a place in Tazewell named The Front Porch on Main. One thing I noticed on this trip, some of the restaurants we ate at which were newly re-opened or remodeled seemed to be a bit more upscale with higher prices and finer foods. Which was fine as we mostly did light breakfast in our hotel rooms before heading out.

The redone overlook on VA16 at Hungry Mother is pretty nice, bigger area to park, some new historical markers, even a picnic table and a trash can.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 11:30:29 AM »
Hey everyone….post your pictures up on the MSTA Smugmug site…….there’s a link for uploading pictures in the Members Only section.
This is the thread on the forum that contains the links for posting photos for the various events
https://ridemsta.com/mstaforums/index.php?topic=3106.0

(I am not posting the actual smugmug link since those are for members only)
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650