Main Forums > General Discussion

STAR 2021!

(1/8) > >>

Patmo:
STAR 2021 will be held at the CANAAN VALLEY RESORT and CONFERENCE CENTER, just south of Davis, West Virginia over the DATES of June 13-17, 2021.

www.canaanresort.com

The resort has 160 rooms in the main lodge, 23 two-three-four bedroom cabins, and 34 campsites.  Outside of the park are hundreds of chalets, cabins, and houses for rent, and several small local hotels.  The resort has 4 different dinning options, indoor and outdoor pools, golf course, putt putt, horseback riding, hiking, and more! 

And what can we say about the ROADS?!   West Virginia offers some of the best riding that can be found anywhere.  Thousands of miles of smooth twisty pavement and almost unlimited dual sport riding too. A true riders paradise!

https://youtu.be/RxzlCJCyQdU

Please plan to join us there in June 2021!

STLTHMSTA:
Good job Patmo and EC. I think it will be an excellent location though we were there FIFTEEN years ago. Most members may have never been so it'll all be new to many.
Looking forward to it.   TM

Edit:  My bad!  It's 24 years ago.

Patmo:

--- Quote from: STLTHMSTA on June 30, 2020, 10:00:12 AM ---Good job Patmo and EC. I think it will be an excellent location though we were there FIFTEEN years ago. most members may have never been so it'll all be new to many.

--- End quote ---

Longer than that...it was 1996. 

stevegrab:

--- Quote from: Patmo on June 30, 2020, 02:37:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: STLTHMSTA on June 30, 2020, 10:00:12 AM ---Good job Patmo and EC. I think it will be an excellent location though we were there FIFTEEN years ago. most members may have never been so it'll all be new to many.

--- End quote ---

Longer than that...it was 1996. 

--- End quote ---
Yes I was going to say, I've been a member since 98 or 99, and know it came before that. I recall hearing some talk about it, and I've ridden in that area quite a bit. I believe sometime in the past decade this location was considered but didn't work out for some reason. Good to hear they have 4 dining options as I think it may have been related to that, you're at a resort and whatever is on premises is what you have, short of getting on your bike and riding at 5-10 miles to a town.

Seneca Rocks is close by and a pretty cool place. US33 has some very entertaining passes thru the hills in that area. I recall one year we rode WV72 from WV32 to Parsons, and it was not much better than a goat trail, that was probably 15 years ago or more. You know the road, locals look at you like you're lost. There were also some wind farms in that area, as you headed up towards the Maryland border area, some were erected right next to the road, appearing to be far away until you were right there.

Wow you got me excited for this one, sure hope nothing gets in the way of going.

Patmo:
I’ve found some videos of riding in the area, including 72.  Your description of that part of it is pretty accurate, although the upper section looks much better.  We looked at this location before choosing Bristol a few years ago, but kept this as a possibility for the future.  The future is now. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version